Doing a 11lb brisket tomorrow

lankster35

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Almost looks like a big steak in that aluminum pan. Salt, Pepper, Garlic and just a touch of Chili powder.

Going to start early am tomorrow and will post a few pics....

Last edited:
That IS a odd looking shaped brisket...maybe it's just the photo.

Just smoke it low and slow and it will be delicious.

I like that size too....somehow I am doing a 17.8 lb one before trimming.

I have 2 17 pounders on the Shirley right now. Getting ready to throw some pork butts on in about 30 minutes.
I like that size too....somehow I am doing a 17.8 lb one before trimming.

Looking forward to seeing that bad boy when its done!

11lb brisket update.....

Put the brisket on at 6:30 this morning so almost 5 hours in and been running in my vertical stack mostly around 235-255. Current meat temp is 156 in the point so might decide to wrap in a couple hours but have not looked at it yet so have no idea :) Have faith.......All pecan today.

Last edited:
Just before wrapping

Here we are at 12:30 or 6 hours in and 166 degrees so decided to wrap to speed this up a little bit.

Last edited:
Looking good from here.
By my calculations, an 11 pounder yields enough finished meat for you and me. Just PM your address and I'll be right there ;)

Up to 198 but still pretty tight on the probe so it is going to be another few hours.....final temp of 20?........

Ended up pulling at 4:30....203 in the flat and seemed pretty good. Just put in a pan and letting it sit until we eat in a few hours...pics then and just a tease now of it wrapped...

Last edited:
Final Brisket pics from today

I feel good....My wife said this was the best brisket I ever did and there have been many......About 11lbs on from 6:30a-5:30p cooked at 235-255deg with pecan. Wrapped in butcher paper after 6 hrs at 165ish. Internal was 201+. Only had the flat for dinner which was great and I expect the point is even better.

Last edited:
Back