Leftover Brisket Chili

redchaserron

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We had a family reunion over Labor Day weekend. I smoked some briskets for the party, and due to the abundance of food at the event I had one brisket left over. I vacuum sealed it and put it in the freezer. This evening I dropped the bagged brisket in hot water and warmed it up, cubed it and made a chili. I normally like my chili with beans and big chunks of bell pepper and onion, but this time I decided to do more of a Texas style chili. It came out quite good, and yes the spoon is standing up in it on its own.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_1746.jpg
    1-IMG_1746.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 129
Very nice. Have a few bags of brisket chili in the freezer. Great stuff.

Looks good.

As soon as the temps drop some it's chili making season.

I have like 3 half briskets in the freezer just for Chili Season :) Love me some chili with brisket in it...best use of leftovers IMO! Well done.

Thawed out my brisket leftovers from Labor Day yesterday as well! We're making the MoFo recipe again which we really enjoyed last year.
Cooler weather, Broncos football and brisket chili.... life is good!

Since I haven't made many "Texas" style Chilies, I looked over recipes from here http://www.chilicookoff.com/Recipe/Recipe_WCCC_Recipes.asp?Cat=1 and made kind of an amalgam of a few of them along with some of my own additions. The main thing I picked up from most of those recipes is using a variety of different types of chili powder added ad varying times throughout the cook.

The wife whipped up a double batch! Smells fantastic, brisket chili for dinner tonight! :clap2:

Attachments

• 20160925_124929.jpg
    20160925_124929.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 51
Back