Ideas for "low height" smoked appetizers?

STLBBQer

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Throwing a party in a couple weeks, and planning to do a meal of appetizers. Using my Blaz'n Grill with an aftermarket rack setup, so my vertical space for each appetizer is a little limited.

Brethren, you've always been a great source of ideas/advice, so I'd appreciate any assistance. I'm looking for appetizers I can do on the racks, that will only take up 1.5-2" in height. That way I can turn out the maximum amount of apps in the space given.

So far, I have on my list:

Chicken wings
Smoked sausages
Bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers
Smoked meatballs
Stuffed mushrooms

Would love to hear other ideas! Thanks in advance for any and all ideas!

Green Chile quesadillas or
Chipotle meatballs

If room is at a premium, smoke a pork loin or a couple of tenderloins the day before.

You can make any of a number of cool smoked loin mini-sandwich appetizers.

Smoked loin and horseradish sauce on cocktail sized bread has saved a few of my parties when 15 extra people showed up.

Also good for a mini-reuben type idea.

A full slab of wild caught salmon on a cedar plank.

Unfortunately those of us who live in river towns mostly end up eating smoked wild caught carp--still the only way I really like carp.

That said, anytime you want to drive great lakes salmon south, I'm sure there are many bretheren who would smoke it

I haven't tried it yet but a small regional grocery store here just started selling pulled pork potato skins -- looks like pork in the skins then wrapped with bacon. Can't tell if there is any cheese in there too or not.

Back