Igrill...... I liked it

Teepah

Reaction score
My brother in law has a igrill mini so lmasked to take it for a "test drive" on a brisket. I like it ! Temps were accurate. Graphs were cool to watch. I just ordered an igrill 2 from lowes today !

I am not into gadgets and toys but l thought l would treat myself to a gift.

SMOKE ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS

I have the Igrill2 and love it. As mentioned above, direct sun will cause it to act up. I think the biggest benefit is that you don't have to open the lid for any reason until the food is done.

I have one - got it pretty much as soon as the iGrill2 was available. I use it a log and really like it. Here's my advice: if you use it during the winter and there's a snowstorm/blizzard, if you let the probe port get wet (water seeping in along the probe that was plugged in) you can fry that port. Put the whole shebang in a ziplock bag and seal it around the probe wire. I fried one port, but the other three are fine, and I really don't ever seem to need 4 at once. Not sure if it was just water, or that the water probably froze, but I would be careful with making sure the ports stay dry.

Igrill 2

I have one and love it but wireless range its kinda short

so i have a iwatch and i keep my phone at about 20yds in sight

then my watch has another distance so i get about 50 yards

with both.

My brother in law has a igrill mini so lmasked to take it for a "test drive" on a brisket. I like it ! Temps were accurate. Graphs were cool to watch. I just ordered an igrill 2 from lowes today !

I am not into gadgets and toys but l thought l would treat myself to a gift.

SMOKE ON BROTHERS AND SISTERS

What did you pay for the igrill2 if you don't mind me asking?

I've used them on 4 or 5 smokes. I have compared them to my other thermos and they're within a degree or two. I like the Android interface as well. Can't complain, except one probe went wacky on me. Hopefully, since Weber bought them out, the quality will get better. And, they'll keep it under a $1000.00, haha.

I got an iGrill2 from Sam's, comes with 4 probes, for ~$40. It's absolutely amazing but I have an old, brick house and can't get a reading on my couch which is about 30-35' away from my grill and smoker. My brother on the other hand had no reception problems in his new construction house from further away when I let him try it.

Time to keep looking for a wireless thermo that can penetrate my bunker of a house apparently... Lol

Back