logo

How awesome is my wife?

EricD

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Yesterday was our 14th wedding anniversary. I get home from work and she hands me a gift bag. I open the bag to find a new cookbook: "Secrets to Smoking on the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker and Other Smokers: An Independent Guide with Master Recipes from a BBQ Champion".
I think to myself 'this is awesome. But I dont have a WSM yet. do I tell her? i can just adapt the recipes to the kettle'
She's not the BBQ enthusiast, and is of the 'why do you need more than i grill crowd'. So I figured it was just an oversight and a charcoal grill is a charcoal grill.
As I'm flipping through the pages she says "why don't you go out in the garage".

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am now the proud owner of a 22" Weber Smoky Mountain !!!!!!:clap2::becky::clap:
This thing is huge!
Can't wait to try it out now! Which I won't be able to do this weekend because we have to go to a pig roast!
First WSM cook thread to come.....

Last edited:
Gentlemen, I am now the proud owner of a 22" Weber Smoky Mountain !!!!!!:clap2::becky::clap:
This thing is huge!
Can't wait to try it out now! Which I won't be able to do this weekend because we have to go to a pig roast!
First WSM cook thread to come.....

Better update your signature line :clap:

That's awesome! You got a keeper :-D. My wife supports all my hobbies and while not doing everything with me in them asks questions and wants to be a part of it. I do the same for her. Makes life great. Looking forward to your 1st cook.

That is awesome! You found a good one. Last fall, my wife got me a Traeger Texas for her birthday.

Back