"Happy Phriday Pharkers,what's Smoking this Weekend?"

Requisite burger night on the grill and a whole young turkey in the smoker. Never wet brined one before so I have one brining in the fridge now to see if I want to do that this Thanksgiving. Ugh... It's just around the corner!

Have a dandy weekend everyone and swell smoking!

Last edited:
Happy Phriday Phu and Pharkers! No smoking for me this weekend! I've got severe problems with my wisdom teeth, on antibiotics for a week and getting them pulled. I can't chew, jaw is swollen, TRUST ME IT SUCKS. But I've decided my next cook once I get things sorted out will be a good one! Might enjoy some alcohol beverages while cooking for once LOL

I think just a couple racks of ribs and some chix - nothing unusual, except for the fact that I'm hopefully picking up a WRK that silverfinger snagged for me off CL while I was out of town. I just realized it may not fit through the farking gate to my backyard. :shocked:

Happy Phriday and weekend to Phu, the Dutch Phorum Pharkers (I had a blast at the WGA gathering a couple years ago), and all y'all Pharkers!

One pork shoulder, three whole chickens and a beef eye of round on the smoker right now.

My wife is on the keto diet which prohibits sugar so I'm working on some sugar-free rubs today. It should be interesting.

The eye of round will be used for two purposes. One half will be sliced thin for philly cheesesteaks, the other half cut into strips for fajitas.

I also have a load of chicken drumsticks prepped with sriracha wing seasoning about to go on the grill for lunch.

I have to say it's a good day.

We are hosting a birthday party at my place on Saturday for a little Texas gal. She requested brisket and I am happy to oblige. Going to smoke a whole packer on the WSM. I went to school on some brisket trimming techniques here as I am going to cook it whole as opposed to separating the flat and point, which I typically do. The meat has been trimmed, salted, and wrapped in plastic. Going on the smoker early Sat morning.

I've have 2 Slabs in the fridge and will dress into St Louis cuts and Rib Tips, going to hang them in a WSM, PBC style (my 1st time hanging Ribs) along with a half Pork Loin tomorrow. Interested to see how the Ribs and Loin turnout vs my normal cooks with a diffuser.

Doing a whole shoulder. Gotta make room in the freezer since I'm always missing out on sales at work. Got my eye on some Cheshire pork to see what that's about and some top sirloin for some picanha but 40lbs is a bit more then I need/have room for.

Happy phriday! Sunday I'll be doing some big beef ribs, baby backs, corn, poppers for my daughter and son-in-law before they head back to China to teach next week. Will smoke on my "custom" offset...hey, it works really well for a cheap oil drum offset šŸ˜€
Cheers
Terry

Last edited:
Back