I Dropped By the American Royal Site Today...

There will be 2 turn in sties. One on each side of the stadium.

Each one about a half a turn up the spiral ramp.

It's the Royal after all. Will always be a trek to turn in.
No way to avoid that.

618 teams this year ! Sounds like a record to me.

I judged the open today and most boxes were quite cold even for the royal. Did anyone else experience the same thing? I will say the table captain was slow at getting the box numbers called out.

I judged both days and didn't see any issues with cold food in our boxes. They were pushing boxes out quick. Today our table was next to one of the turn in areas. I think they did a good job considering there were over 600 teams.

I judged both days and didn't see any issues with cold food in our boxes. They were pushing boxes out quick. Today our table was next to one of the turn in areas. I think they did a good job considering there were over 600 teams.

Same here. I judged both events, invitational and open, and for this being the first time at this venue I think it went as well as it could, judging wise that is. Food at our table was not cold and we had a short wait from when TC's lined up until they were back at tables.

Good to hear. As I said it took quite a while for our TC to get the numbers read off. Great venue with close parking and very organized.

Everyone I talked to that was there said it was great and things went pretty smooth.

I was worried meat would get cold. Chicken turn in on the invite side was backed up. But got better as turn ins went on. Walk was 4 minutes but no worse the west bottoms location.

This was our first year competing at the Royal (both events) so I really have no basis for comparison, but I thought it was incredibly well done considering the scale. Hell, I've been to 30 team events that don't run this smoothly. We had a leisurely 4 minute walk (could get there in 2 without really running). Only one box went later than I wanted but still made it to the table with over a minute to spare. We met all of our goals for our first time and we will be back next year. Just an amazing experience all around! My only complaint would be the parking situation for competitors. I can't figure out for the life of me why all competitors had to park in Lot A. That is hike from F and pretty much rendered that vehicle useless come Friday.

There was no reason why they couldn't setup a second parking area for competitors on the west side of the stadium as well. Competing in the F Lot, parking in the A lot is pretty ridiculous. That needs to change.

5 minutes 24 seconds to turn in for us, a long walk but shorter than some of the teams had in Cincinnati last week, and certainly no longer than the old location.

For a first year at a new location, it went pretty well. My only complaint was there were not enough grey water containers. The ones near us were all full.

5 minutes 24 seconds to turn in for us, a long walk but shorter than some of the teams had in Cincinnati last week, and certainly no longer than the old location.

For a first year at a new location, it went pretty well. My only complaint was there were not enough grey water containers. The ones near us were all full.

In Lot C there were curb drains, don't know why they couldn't have been used for gray water?

Back