Seven Pepper Snack Sticks

MossyMO

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Did a 12 1/2 pound batch of Seven Pepper snack sticks with 10 pounds of venison and 2 1/2 pounds of lean pork, then smoked with OHC (oak, hickory, cherry) pellets... this snack sticks flavor goes perfectly with a beer![FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
-----

The seasoning about to be mixed with the ground venison/pork.

-----

Smoking the snack sticks.

-----

Snack sticks just out of the smoker.

-----

Seven Pepper snack sticks ready to be vacuum sealed and put away in the freezer.

Thanks for looking!

Those things would NEVER make it to the freezer around here. Holy crap, that looks good!

I agree, I would keep sampling and end up with one in a vacuum bag, and decide that's a waste of a bag and eat it instead...

Nice job!

Those looke great!!! I just recieved my order of 24mm collagen casings from LEM... I love using them for bun sized links!! Again... Very nice job on the snackers

I wouldn't bother freezing them. They wouldn't last long enough to need any freezing.

What type of casings did you use? I guess you eat the casing as well?

What type of casings did you use? I guess you eat the casing as well?

Edible 21mm mahogany collagen casings
[FONT=&quot]www.sausagemaker.com/27807brownsmokedcollagencasings7821mm.aspx

[/FONT]

Did you cold smoke them?

[FONT=&quot]- Set Smokehouse temp at around 130° with the damper open and add meat sticks with no smoke for 1-2 hours for the sticks to dry. Do not have any pieces toughing if possible.
- Turn the Smokehouse temp up to 150°- 160° with the damper open and smoke for 2-3 hours. This is all a personal preference. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]- Once you are done smoking you need to finish cooking and get the sticks up to the proper internal temperature. Turn the Smokehouse up to 170° - 190° and cook until internal temp is 155°. Remove from smoker and allow to cool. [/FONT]

Back