Discussion Thread -> "Lamb!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS TWO WEEKS!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is..."Lamb"

1550440_Gore.jpg

This was Gore's entry in the 2011 Lamb Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Stlsportster said:
I've been thinking about Lamb as the next TD. It looks like it's been a year since we did one.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 10/7/16 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 10/24/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 10/24/16

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Rainy day lamb chop cook.

Here's my entry...

I cooked lamb chops a couple of different ways. First I cold smoked the whole racks for a couple hours. Then I cut them into individual chops. One set of chops was seared to a finish on a grilltop plancha. The other set I crusted in parmesan and breadcrumbs and pan fried them to a delicious crisp. Check out the full cook thread for all the pron:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237951

Here are the seared chops searing:

fj8aFxoh.jpg

And here are some chops pounded flat ready to be crusted with parmesan and pan-fried:

yYLvSd3h.jpg

The plated chops with Israeli couscous and garlic/caper/pistachio garnish:

EC6QC2zh.jpg

rXFSZUOh.jpg

For the polling pic, I'll feature the seared chops by themselves:

6zthyhCh.jpg

Thanks for checking it out. Happy cooking and good eats to all!

Last edited:
It's been a while since I've entered a throw down, but the lure of lamb drew me in :-D

Garlic and Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb with Grilled Garlic-infused Baby Zucchini and Roasted Red Pepper Coulis and Mint Chimichurri

I rubbed the lamb rack with olive oil, garlic and some of the last of the fresh rosemary and thyme from our garden and grilled it to 125 internal and let it rest. I also took some baby zucchini, poked a bunch of holes in it with a toothpick and put it into a zipper bag with garlic infused olive oil (olive oil with finely chopped garlic heated slowly and then cooled) and grilled that. The roasted red pepper coil is was a red bell pepper that was blackened on the grill and then the skin removed. The pepper was then put into a food processor with garlic, salt and some chicken stock and then forced through a strainer.

30410200072_0f35891111_b.jpg

29893852813_677ccd24aa_b.jpg

Please us this as my entry picture

My first entry and attempt at lamb shanks. Used Oakridge Venison & Wild Game rub (pairs with lamb especially well). Smoked at 250 till they reached about 190 internal. They were still a bit tough and will try smoking and then braising next time. Still it brings out the inner carnivore eating meat off a bone. Please use this as my entry photo.
shank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back