Smithfield spare ribs

bucko

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Bought some Smithfield spares this morning trimmed to St Louis ribs used Stubb's rub I used alot I love Stubb's fired up my 18 year old Weber kettle used my smokenator with 2 chunks of apple wood once temp got to 250 put the ribs on at 1 o'clock today temp stayed between 265 and 235 all day started spritzing ribs after 3 hrs then every hour with just water I think apple juice is a waste of money doesn't give any flavor to the ribs in my opinion ribs at 8 o'clock tonite put some sweet baby Ray's on ribs at 9 o'clock ribs were finally done they were some of the best ribs I've ever done moist and great flavor just don't know why it took 8 hrs to finish I never wrapped the ribs but man they were good

8 hours is a long time for ribs! WOW!
4-5 hours usually is all you need. Add some brown sugar and honey to that aj, whole different game.

Nice! 8 hours is one helluva cook. I"m guessing you were ultra-low-and-slow to have them in there that long without them turning to coal. I'm glad they turned out well. Smithfield St Louis spares are what they have at my Costco and my wife just bought me a 3-pack for the weekend since her family's in town. Happy smoking!!

Back