Just saw a Traeger infomercial, ordered 6

qnbiker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well, thought about it. These things do everything and the food tastes better than food cooked on any other smoker ever made!

God, please don't let me see an infomercial for the Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center. I want to stay married.

Is that the infomercial with the woman then pulls out this beautifully smoke brisket out of the treager and starts hacking it up from the side like she has never seen a brisket cut before?

rb

Well, thought about it. These things do everything and the food tastes better than food cooked on any other smoker ever made!

God, please don't let me see an infomercial for the Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Center. I want to stay married.

Well, that's a bit of a stretch.

I wouldn't go that far unless I actually worked for the company.:wink:

I have a traeger, built a uds a year ago and haven't used the traeger since....

Is that the infomercial with the woman then pulls out this beautifully smoke brisket out of the treager and starts hacking it up from the side like she has never seen a brisket cut before?

rb
That's the one.

I want to know what they actually cooked that food in :) not to mention the "perfectly done" steak that was gray....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These things do everything and the food tastes better than food cooked on any other smoker ever made!

Yeah....that might be a bit far fetched!

They couldn't say it on TV if it weren't true. There are laws and stuff that prevent that from happening.
Same thing with the internet.

5c3c682698f98d8a3f0ee0be9d19f7853d56c810c242f542cc20bdc41882737a.jpg

I get mad every time I see that show. It gets worse when they talk about quality, then I laugh my but off when I notice most of those smokers are not even burning, but the food looks great

I must say...this is how I had the idea to start bar-b- quein. I bought one of these (Renegade Elite) not doing any research. I also purchased a Jr. Elite about 3 weeks after I purchased the Renegade for a decent price.
I must say ..so far for what it is I'm satisfied with what I have. There are better constructed pellet grills out there however from what I have seen they all have there problems!
Both Traegers I have...the controllers were replaced right off the bat w/Savannah Stokers V4. I personally feel this was a great move on my part. Once you learn with what you are cooking with that's half of the battle. I have done 250lbs of pork bellies for bacon..100lbs of pork shoulders for pulled pork...40lbs of ribs...couple of fatties since December.
Initially I had a problem with the induction fan and traeger sent me a new with hardly any question asked. There warranty for parts are 3 years (I feel that's pretty good also).
I use a A-maze-n tube to help with additional smoke that the Treagers may lack .. but hey.. you gotta do what ya gotta do! It's not always about your cooker as much is how you prepare and tend to what you are cooking!
Nock on wood :shocked:... no complaints yet on what I have made.

Back