Best Meat Market in Houston?? Where do you buy your meat?

W

WestUAg

Guys,
I am looking for a good meat market in the Galleria. I wien to Pete's fine meats and he wanted $47 for 2 racks of pork baby back ribs!!! yes $47! I want a reasonably prices meat market to buy beef ribs, good pork ribs and tender brisket.

If you don't get your meat from a meat market, where do you get your meats? I have had some luck getting good meat at HEB, but it is hit and miss. I want good ribs and briskets consistently.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Best Meat Market in Houston?? Where do you buy your mea

WestUAg said:
Guys,
I am looking for a good meat market in the Galleria. I wien to Pete's fine meats and he wanted $47 for 2 racks of pork baby back ribs!!! yes $47! I want a reasonably prices meat market to buy beef ribs, good pork ribs and tender brisket.

If you don't get your meat from a meat market, where do you get your meats? I have had some luck getting good meat at HEB, but it is hit and miss. I want good ribs and briskets consistently.

Thanks for your help.

Welcome Ag. I can't answer your question but have emailed some friends and family that might help out. Now don't get too concerned just because I'm a t-sip. My better half, tamu '94, assures me that I speak slow enough for you folks to understand me at least 50% of the time :wink:

Now head on over to Cattle Call and tell us a bit about yourself :D

RE: Re: Best Meat Market in Houston?? Where do you buy your

I don't know about the Sam's Clubs in Houston but the ones here havebaby back ribs in a 3-pack for 25-30 bucks a pack. They also have good prices on Boston Butts and are the only place I buy brisket from (1.29/lb). Other stores around here are very proud of their briskets.

Sam's Club seems to always have good quality, reasonably priced meats.

HEB sometimes has them too.

I've not had good luck at regular Kroger and Randalls.

We get most of our meat at Sam's. The price is good and the meat turns quickly so it is always the newest of the new.

Guido

Re: RE: Re: Best Meat Market in Houston?? Where do you buy

BBQ_MAFIA said:
We get most of our meat at Sam's. The price is good and the meat turns quickly so it is always the newest of the new.

Guido

Agree:

For the stuff we smoke and bbq, Sam's and Costco are best source of low cost meat. I might go to top shelf butcher for steaks, etc, maybe a real prime cut for a special occasion, but for day by day queing, the clubs consistently give best value.

I use SAMS Club for steaks and Butts. HEB for brisket $.99 a pound and when in the mood they have good Beef Ribs. Pork ribs are about the same price all of the place. I am in the Clear Lake area. When I am feeling really good I go over to Perry's Meat Market (one on Scarsdale). They have good everything. I went to school with Bobby Perry and he usually hooks me up with the good stuff. You name the meat or the cut and he has it but it is $$$$. He also does good stuff with venison.

Back