What is Pork Ribs Brisket?

Mattlsmith

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hey All - Today I picked up what I thought were actual pork ribs, turns out they aren't. I bought something with the label "Pork Ribs Brisket". It is 3 long strips of looks like ribs with a big bone at one end.

Any ideas what I got and if its ok just to smoke?

Sounds like you got the top half of a slab of ribs (think rib tips), while the other bottom half was cut in to St. Louis Style

The brisket on a pig is the rib tips according to "Amazing Ribs" so best guess if you have a big bone on one end is maybe spare ribs with the tips still attached? Do you have a picture?

From AR's website -

Brisket. In beef, there are two large clods of tough, boneless meet on the chest called brisket. They are used to make corned beef, pastrami, many pot roasts, and great barbecue. But beef brisket is very different than the brisket in pork. In pork, the brisket is the same as rib tips.

Hey All - Today I picked up what I thought were actual pork ribs, turns out they aren't. I bought something with the label "Pork Ribs Brisket". It is 3 long strips of looks like ribs with a big bone at one end.

Any ideas what I got and if its ok just to smoke?
I always leave them attached to the ribs. Smoke them the same way you would smoke SL cuts. There is some good juicy meat there.

Back