Pork Turn In

Buckscent

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
What do you guy's turn in for the pork? Pulled, cubed or sliced??? I cannot ever get butts sliced, always fall apart.

If you want to slice your butt, you'll need to pull it out when it gets to about 175, foil it, wrap it in towels and stick it in a ice chest for 45 minutes or so. If you let it get into the 190-205 range it's not going to slice worth a darn.

If you want to slice your butt, you'll need to pull it out when it gets to about 175, foil it, wrap it in towels and stick it in a ice chest for 45 minutes or so. If you let it get into the 190-205 range it's not going to slice worth a darn.

175* it will still be tough, it is not imposible to get good slices when you cook to a higher temp, thats where sharp knives,patience, and a steady hand comes into play. I was able to get pulled, chunks, and slices from my pork turn in this weekend i pulled it at 198*

I pull mine at 195 and let site for three hours in a Cambro. Slices everytime.

At 175, your pork is still in the second stall. You should try break about 180, minimum.

I pull at 195-200, let is cool on the table a little (1/2 hour)..then into the cambro to hold temps....I never seem to have an issue with pulling..slicing...etc..

no temp. for me. uber tender to the probe throughout. i'm guessing 200 plus.

i can slice, pull, and chunk.

i'm too dumb or drinky to remember or watch temps.

Thanks all!! I keep to a temp of 190 - 195 so what are some good sharp knives should I use? Brand?

Back