Kangaroo Filet steak, Leek gratin and potato crepe(pr)n)

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I sprinkled a little S&P and Lawrys Steak seasoning onto two kangaroo filets and let them rest a bit.
Prepped leeks and potatoes after lighting a half chimney of briquettes for the kettle.
CI grill was used on the Kangaroo filets.
First ready was the Potato crepe
IMG_3381_zpscthtaoep.jpg

Next up was the Leek Gratin with gruyere cheese and bechemal
IMG_3386_zps7ez6avgt.jpg

Then the beans and the kangaroo had rested enough so I sliced it finely across the grain

IMG_3387_zpsekkdkty2.jpg

IMG_3398_zps24fiblyn.jpg

IMG_3399_zps0hurfxvy.jpg

This was just superb, 'Roo beats beef, any day!

:yo:

Gonna have to trust you sir, but I still like my beef. How's Roo taste?

That's a fantastic looking cook,looks tasty and great pictures, but , the fillet has me puzzled, What cut is that one.
The Grain seems to be going everywhere.
I have never noticed that before

BTW.
Recipe for the Leek please

That's a fantastic looking cook,looks tasty and great pictures, but , the fillet has me puzzled, What cut is that one.

Looking at the grain says it's still hoppin' around.

Great cook bucs! Never had roo before, buts if it's better then beef I guess I need to put it on my list!

Looks good Buccs and like Titch said, leek recipe please.

Looks like I have to thaw out the fillets I have in the freezer...

It's a filet titch, like I typed out up there, but from under the bus where you've thrown me you may not hear my reply clearly! :noidea:

IMG_8696_zpsuwrqqkvs.jpg

The bus already ran me over, but this is for the innocents who doubt!

Great looking meal, buccs!

Does the grain run the opposite way down under, kinda like toilets circling the drain? Or did you get a bit too pissed before slicing? :becky: :boink:

Then the beans and the kangaroo had rested enough so I sliced it finely across the grain

IMG_3387_zpsekkdkty2.jpg

Just giving you a hard time! Looks like them roos give you quite the challenge in determining slice direction!

Looks delish! That leak dish looks fantastic. I'll request that recipe to like previous posters:)

All looks good to me Buccs - never tried 'roo, but would love to. I'm still trying to figure out how y'all keep the food from coming off the plates what with being upside down and all. :noidea:

Damn, I'm so glad there are Aussies and folks from all over the planet on this site. I like your cooks so much just for the variety. I've killed and cooked about everything in my neck of the woods, but the only kangaroo I've encountered has been the leather on my soccer cleats. That looks great!

Back