• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Humphreys DownEast Beast vs Backwoods G2 Party

arizonanb

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I have been looking at a few smokers and have been going back and forth between a few. I was ready to strike on a Backwoods G2 Party but had a few small concerns (such as: not having multiple rack locations). I then saw the Humphreys Down East Beast. Seems to be a comparable unit.

Any advice on either unit or others on the market that would stack up to these?

Seems that the Humphreys gives a little more for the dollar even when adding the extras.

Appreciate any advice, tips, links, references.

~Nathan

I was looking at the Backwoods Competitor before I purchased my Humphrey's Down East Beast.

I have no regrets, sleep like a baby on overnight cooks, and and smile ear to ear every time I use it.

I love the adjustable shelving..........

Love my G2 Party and of course know there are lots of humphreys owners here too. This might not be a factor for you, but I actually couldn't use the Beast if you gave it to me because of the weight. I can get my G2 party in and out of the back of my truck by myself (though my wife normally helps) for competitions. And I take it to friends houses when cooking. That beast is a 100lbs heavier. But if that isn't a factor then just go with what you think will fit you best.

I've had both, Humphreys much better quality and performance than Backwoods, IMO

If i am not mistaken, the G2 party is more comparable to the Humphreys Pint. I did alot of research before my purchase, cannot say anything bad about the Backwoods. But i can say alot of great things about the Humphreys! The reason I bring up the size thing is it helps the weight a little bit!:idea:

Love my Downeast Beast. I recommend it. I also looked at Backwoods, but I liked the design of the Humphrey's better, such as the slide out pan and nice hinges.

Don't think you could go wrong either way though.

Also, you will not be able to pick up the DEB unless you are freakishly strong - like Olympic strong. The BOL on mine was like 610lbs (6 grates and some extra hardware). The 8" casters make it "Easy" to roll.

I was comparing humphreys and backwoods as well. I decided on the humphreys pint and could not be happier with it. I think when you compare size, options and price it's a no brainer.

Wayne 77. Like you, i am looking at both the Party G2 and the Pint. You made the decision to go with the Pint. I see that you added the guru. Are there other options that you would recommend now that you've used yours?

Thanks

I believe they come standard with the large firebox now, otherwise that would be one for sure. I like the slide out water pan a lot. I had chad add an extra spot for a thermometer so that when I finally got a guru, I could run the wires through that instead of between the doors. Charcoal maze is another great addition.

Yes the larger fire box is standard along with the larger ball valve to run it.

I was looking at the Backwoods Competitor before I purchased my Humphrey's Down East Beast.

I have no regrets, sleep like a baby on overnight cooks, and and smile ear to ear every time I use it.

I love the adjustable shelving..........

A competitor is nearly 25% bigger with SS doors and a permanent water pan. Hardly comparable

wayne77 and Smokinlit,
Thank you for your responses and suggestions. One other concern I have is that there are no dealers here in Colorado and the cost for shipping

wayne77 and Smokinlit,
Thank you for your responses and suggestions. One other concern I have is that there are no dealers here in Colorado and the cost for shipping

What's your zip code I will get a shipping quote for you. Even if there was a dealer he would get charged shipping to him an pass it along in his pricing

I had a Party and now have Humphreys Cubed Pint. Both are great cookers. Of the two, I have to say I prefer Humphreys. IMO, it's built a lot better. My only issue with Humphreys is that the placement of the thermometer probe prevents me from using one of the rack slots when I close the door. Speaking of closing the door, no slamming required with Humphreys.

If I had to choose between the 2 options and nothing else, I would go Humphrey's.

I too, was looking at the G2 Party and the Beast. Actually I had evaluated 4-5 different brands and narrowed it down from about 12 smokers (some were gravity feeders) I did like the party very much but after visiting St Louis BBQ store which had both in stock I quickly chose the Beast. It is heavier for a reason and although the extra weight can be cumbersome I believe it is much better built, it was obvious for me. I recently ordered the beast for the home and also had it put on a battle wagon. I will caution you that with all the options the cost will quickly mount. I started with the base price and by the time I was done it was doubled but I have exactly what I want. I will say if you have not looked at a Pit Maker Safe you really should, especially if you are wanting something on wheels and that can roll around. A very good looking unit and in the end it was it or the beast on the wagon. In my opinion you can't go wrong with the G2 Party, the safe or the beast. Good luck

i bought the humphrey battle box and it should be done being made in the next few weeks.
i also did a lot of research on it and I'm super happy i choose the battle box also get the cyber Q and the maze and u will be set!!!!

Back