Oakridge Secret Weapon Chicken

chunkylatinlover

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I got the sample rub pack from Oakridge and couldn't wait to use them. Rubbed down some chicken breast with their secret weapon chicken and pork rub. It smelled delicious when I was rubbing them down.
20140415_172045.jpg

Threw them on my OTG kettle with one chunk of hickory. Look at the color on those breast...beautiful before they even get cooked.
20140415_180357.jpg

I brushed them with bbq sauce for the last 20 minutes sorry couldn't get any good finished pictures. The rub is very tasty I will definitely recommend Oakridge to anyone. Next up is a tri tip with their Santa Maria rub.

Thanks for the report. I just received my Oakridge sample pack in the mail a few days ago, and I haven't had a chance to try it.
I'm gonna try the Santa Maria Steak Seasoning on some burgers tonight.

JP

The death dust is out of this world. No longer will I ruin the wing skin in franks red hot. I will never use anything else on my smokin hot wings.

I agree with the Secret Weapon comments; I love it on both chicken and pork loin steaks. Haven't had a chance to try the Black Ops yet, but the Habanero Death Dust tasted great on some peg legs I did on the Weber/Vortex. That batch included Mad Hunky Hot Whang (I like it better than the HDD; it has a slighty broader flavor profile and a "secret" ingredient that causes it to self-glaze a bit) and Secret Weapon.

I am picking up some Mad Hunky Hot Ass Whang rub. When it gets here, I'll do a batch vs. HDD and MHHW. Yummers!

I have yet to buy and use an OakRidge rub that I didn't enjoy, black ops for brisket is sooo good! I also enjoy their comp rub for ribs!

Back