I put grill some 4 inches above fire box,
then pizza stone on grill
then cast iron pan on pizza stone
and pizza on the pan
Close cover of UDS

I tried a few times, but all failed
Bottom side of pizza was burnt to charcoal
and upper side of pizza was still raw half-cooked

How Can the conversion kit make the temp. even upper and down.
I watched a few videos on youtube and I simply do not believe it.

How many of you used or are using it.
Does it really work.
If you give a ranking of satisfaction, 5 stars are best, 1 star is lowest
How many star you will give

I have done pizza on my gas Weber a hundred times at least. indirect heat, about 325, I put the dough right on the oiled grates. Then immediatly put my sauce and toppings on. Cook until you like how it looks. About 20 min usually.

Never had a conversion kit for my kettle but we've got it to around 600 degrees for pizza a few times. Doesn't take long to cook. We use the Akorn now for pizzas.

I picked up a pizza kettle kit off craigslist. I've only used it about 4 times and haven't gotten the results i want any of those times. What i do is, put the stone on the grill grate, place the ring on the kettle, place a spare grill grate on top with a large pizza pan to try to act as an upper heat sync. I've gotten the temps up above 600degrees (burned the bottom half cooked top) and also tried it around 400 degrees (cooked, but not bubbly and cheese charring). I've seen some people get great results with one as well as without one. But my personaly opinion is that they aren't worth the money. I'd rather save a bit more and just get the blackstone or the uuni pizza oven.

I have a mini-UDS
I want to use it to bake Pizza.
To do so, I buy a pizza stone and heavy cast iron pan

I put grill some 4 inches above fire box,
then pizza stone on grill
then cast iron pan on pizza stone
and pizza on the pan
Close cover of UDS

I tried a few times, but all failed
Bottom side of pizza was burnt to charcoal
and upper side of pizza was still raw half-cooked

How Can the conversion kit make the temp. even upper and down.
I watched a few videos on youtube and I simply do not believe it.

How many of you used or are using it.
Does it really work.
If you give a ranking of satisfaction, 5 stars are best, 1 star is lowest
How many star you will give

Why are you using a cast iron pan? You may get better results if you put your pizza directly on the pizza stone

I've used mine 5-6 times & during the first 2-3 cooks I cracked/broke two different stones(that sucked). Now I use a 20" diameter x 1/4" thick plate of steel. Works great, just have to keep the pies toward the front & always turning. I use wood with the charcoal & it gets very hot in the back. I've had temps. up to 950 but generally are in the 6-700 range. My only issue is that the cook time(time I can keep the temp between 500-700) is fast. I can get about four pies done and I haven't come up with a simple method of adding more fuel.
SJ

Used mine twice... 4 pies each time... Great pies!!! Crispy crust, bubbling toppings and gooey cheese... No problems yet, maybe I've been lucky?

Does your stone cover the whole area of the mini? One thing you could do is take a piece off one edge of the stone. This will allow air flow above the stone. The air flow is what will cook your toppings. The mini is tough to cook a pizza on. I had the small BGE and had passable results in it. I would lose the CI pan.

Why are you using a cast iron pan? You may get better results if you put your pizza directly on the pizza stone
Indeed I tried pizza stone
heavy cast iron pan
and pan on stone
Only to find the one side of pizza is burnt to charcoal black and the upper side is still under-cooked/raw.
300+F for pizza is not good. If yes, I would use my electrical oven
I want really high temp as Italia does.

Never had a conversion kit for my kettle but we've got it to around 600 degrees for pizza a few times. Doesn't take long to cook. We use the Akorn now for pizzas.
Yes Ceramic smoker is much better than Weber.
I have a mini-BGE, OUTSIDE diameter is 12". too small to put in my pizza stone

Yes Ceramic smoker is much better than Weber.
I have a mini-BGE, OUTSIDE diameter is 12". too small to put in my pizza stone

I was able to get better pizza out my kettle attachment than my ceramic.

For me though the problem was turning the pie. The back was so hot and the pie was ready spin but the front wasn't ready. I had to make smaller pies in my kettle attachment for it work best.

Ended up selling it to put money towards my Blackstone.

Back