what do you think I am doing this weekend

i dont think that will be enough sausage to wrap that brisket!!! lol

Boiling a brisket, wrapping it in sausage and bacon then tossing it in the crock pot to finish it off ? :becky:

Seriously,
Looks like a great time and cook! :thumb:

I was thinking of stuffing the brisket with a fatty and bacon and cheese and deep frying!

Injection items

And I just found out were going to the fair Saturday so tomorrow is smoking day. So I just made the injection and its cooling before I inject

My buddy loved the last one I did so much he wanted his own. I told him I'll split this with him and he was thrilled. He said he will pay half the cost of the brisket and then some for my smoking supplies.

Injected with 3cups of my injection mix and that bad boy is resting in the frige for the night.
Saved 1 cup of injection to use tomorrow.when I foil it

Looks like you all will be eating very well.

Great price on the brisket per pound too.

They were $2.99 a lb :cry:

I Have never seen them that low where I am.
The flats were $7. 59lb. I took the last packer they had out and I'm not 100% thrilled with it looking through the plastic I see and feel a large area with hard fat on the bottom/side. Soon I will be trimming it up.

OK tossed the brisket on at 12 and Im having issues getting the temp up. With a 11+lbs of meat.and cold water in the water.pan it is taking a long time to get it where I want. Forgot to put water in the pan while I was.smoking a.fatty. And taking too long to move the fatty and get the brisket on I lost most of the heat I had built up. Rookie move.
She chugging along now

Fatty done and sliced. Came out real good. Used a hot chub flattened out with tomato sauce, string cheese, smoked provalone, sandwich pepperoni and pork chorizo all in a basket weave bacon. Sprinkled this spice called Gobs of garlic on top. The bacon on the bottom was not crisp at all so I'm just taking it off before eating. I may toss it in a frying pan to crisp it up.

Back