black garlic sea salt

mamajamma21

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Going to the butcher tomorrow to pick up this beastly rib eye that I will be grilling up with the fellas Saturday night. Been looking forward to his all week.

I had been going on this week a lot about black garlic. I live in South Jersey and a small organic farm near me makes it. My wife surprised me when I got home from work tonight with some of the black garlic cloves as well as black garlic sea salt that she found at a farmers market. I never use garlic when seasoning a steak but am tempted to finish the steak with some of this as opposed to the regular sea salt I was planning on using. This is a finer grind than what I had planned to use as well. Suggestions?

(note: this is my second night in a row starting a thread about salt. It might be time to see a cardiologist.)

The finer grind will give a more pronounced salt flavor, your best bet is to use the larger crystals like kosher or even sea salt.

I find black garlic to be something of an acquired taste, but, I would use it as a finishing salt, if you're curious, leave one part of the steak unsalted and try it out.

Back