Contest Results BBQ, Blues & Cruise - Taylorville, IL 5/29-5/30

CaptTable

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Talked to the organizer last evening and they are still needing about 4 or 5 more teams to ensure that it is a qualifier. I hope that some of you that have been looking for a contest that weekend will strongly consider this one.

It is a second year contest & they are working hard to build it more each year.

Kathy & I are repping it again this year. (I hope that doesn't drive anyone off.:eusa_clap)

Phillip

2 weeks in a row up north and you guys might start talking funny like us...

See you there! Hope to see others there as well. It's not a bad drive for me, which is nice cause I'll be rolling in later than normal.

Scottie

Checking last minute details to see if I can get this one in.....would be back to back to back.....but, I need to get to IL to a contest.....Scottie told me so....lol

Got a whole lot going one. Would be tough to squeeze in. I'll check my schedule though.

Checking last minute details to see if I can get this one in.....would be back to back to back.....but, I need to get to IL to a contest.....Scottie told me so....lol

3 in a row tests your skills. Besides, by the 3rd one, you should be dialed in... Now 10 in a row gets a little exhausting... :eek:

We're trying to fit this on in, too. It depends on work schedules. We'll know in a day or two.

This would make three in a row - all in the Land of Lincoln......

We either need to move to Illinois or find a storage slot for the SmoSco somewhere in Scottie's driveway.

I've got a 125' driveway... Unfortunately, I have a used RV showroom going on in my driveway... My van doesn't even make it into the garage!!!

If serious, we could probably work something out... I mean, the Geer would spruce up the neighborhood a bit... :icon_blush:

Autographed pictures, $5 bucks a piece 8) :razz:

I got a funny feeling when we get back it might be Candy Sue-ized.:shock::lol:

I don't have access to as many pellets as I want like Candy though!!!

I would love a Geer!!! To cook ribs and chicken in! :mrgreen:

Theresa, you guys gonna be in Taylorville? I really couldn't tell by the above posts. Hope you guys make it.

Phillip

Theresa, you guys gonna be in Taylorville? I really couldn't tell by the above posts. Hope you guys make it.

Phillip

Not sure yet Phillip, depends on Walt's work schuedule and a few other things.......Perhaps some liqiud arm twisting at Westmont might do the trick.....:tongue::biggrin:

We were seriously thinking about doing this one until we found out who the reps (or at least one of the reps) were. I guess we'll stay stay in Ohio that weekend (unless they've already cashed the check).

We will be there. We cooked it last year.very nice contest with lots of stuff for the family too. Sky divers, car and motorcycle shows, horse rides and a whole pavilion devoted to Kids games..Did I mention the tornadoes all around us for several hours....(but nice concrete buildings to hide out in) Peter

We were seriously thinking about doing this one until we found out who the reps (or at least one of the reps) were. I guess we'll stay stay in Ohio that weekend (unless they've already cashed the check).

Yeah, I inquired to the organizer too about a refund....

Hope your bringing the misses... Or better yet your daughter and she can cook for ya? :twisted:

Hope to see you Jim.

Scottie

I'll be there. Last year was a pretty good time...although the storms out there are just nuts! After doing Taylorville and then Fairbanks back to back last year, with major weather for each one, I was extremely happy I bought a camper to work out of instead of the tent. See ya'll there!

That's not far from me if anyone needs some help. I could be in Taylorville around 7:00 p.m. on friday.

Yeah, I inquired to the organizer too about a refund....

Hope your bringing the misses... Or better yet your daughter and she can cook for ya? :twisted:

Hope to see you Jim.

Scottie

Tina is coming and I wish Mandy could but I doubt she will be doing much in the way of contests this year. She is going to make us first-time grandparents by September so her schedule is full. :lol:

We'll looking forward to seeing you again Scottie.

Congrats Jim!!! You're too young to be a grandad.... :wink:

Back