Gift from co-worker

Rover24

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
A co-worker of mine dropped off a gift today!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354743568.520484.jpg

His dad owns and runs a maple sugar farm in upstate NY. He was going to bring me some Grade B Maple Syrup, but he was out so he threw in some Maple Sugar with the grade A. Told me to mix a little maple sugar with the grade A to approximate the flavor of grade B.

Looks like I'll be making some pig candy and a ham glaze for Christmas dinner!

It ain't from Vermont but well ....guess it will do! Just kiddin nice score hope u gave that coworker a hug man or girl. It was a great gift.

If ya have any leftover you could make a Maple Cure out of it for some Maple smoked Pork Belly.

If ya have any leftover you could make a Maple Cure out of it for some Maple smoked Pork Belly.

Great idea! I just picked up some Tenderquick last month and am going to try my hand at making some bacon...I am definitely going to have to try the maple sugar in my bacon recipe.

If it isn't grown in Canada, you can't call it "Maple" :tsk:
International language whackadoodle mod

You can make an incredible rub with maple sugar. One of my favorite things is to take a regular pork rub, and use maple sugar instead of brown sugar for the sweet component.

You can make an incredible rub with maple sugar. One of my favorite things is to take a regular pork rub, and use maple sugar instead of brown sugar for the sweet component.

Dang I'm from New England and never thought of that!

This is happening! I think I need to ask him for more bags of maple sugar!

Great gift!!
My big bro sent some maple syrup to me for my birthday. Really love the stuff. :grin:

Good stuff.

I just had a few pounds of pure maple sugar candy shipped to me straight from Vermont. My brothers, sisters, nieces and nephews all get some Christmas morning. It's become a tradition.

So far I've resisted sampling to make sure that they're OK!

Back