Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk Wings

watertowerbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to get some Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk rub in my stocking. I'm thinking for New Year's Day of making some hot wings with this rub. I'm thinking of using regular sized chicken wings, tips removed and pieces separated. Sprinkle on the JF the night before and into a ziploc bag until morning and then on to the smoker or grill. I was planning on dusting again after they finished cooking or maybe adding some cayenne pepper sauce, but would prefer not to if the flavor is good.

My question is, has anyone ever tried something similar to this and if so, how did they turn out? Was the rub enough or did it need some cayenne pepper sauce to spice it up? Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks.

I've used it but only seasoned wings before putting on the smoker. I would prefer it was a little spicier then what it is. Good flavor.

I just made some for the MNF game. Rubbed them pretty heavy and they definitely had some good heat....not overbearing though. I added a layer of Yardbird also...they were freaking fantastic!

Phirewalk is spicy enough in my opinion.
If you want a sauce or glaze for those wings I would just go for a nice sweet sauce.

Back