• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

my hog...

ButtBurner

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Some of you may remember that I bought a whole hog. Well I went and picked it up yesterday on my way up to my cabin.

I paid $1.19 lb for it, that includes processing. I am extremely happy with what I got.

Here are some pics, sorry but the first one is fuzzy. I laid some out on the table, the rest was in the freezer, and the last pic is ground pork, I got 20 1 lb tubes from trimmings

all packages weighed and labeled.

Attachments

• IMG_1358.jpg
    IMG_1358.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_1359.jpg
    IMG_1359.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_1360.jpg
    IMG_1360.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 320
  • IMG_1361.jpg
    IMG_1361.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 320
Is the $1.19 per pound of recovered meat or hanging weight? Either way is cheaper than the store for sure.

Is the $1.19 per pound of recovered meat or hanging weight? Either way is cheaper than the store for sure.

hanging weight

much much cheaper. plus its from a local farm, not a hog factory

here is a jowl and a hock, and a 2" chop

Attachments

• IMG_1363[1].jpg
    IMG_1363[1].jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 262
I can't wait to get one of our little piggies in the la caja box, and have a big party on some home grown pork.

Nice Brian! I'm going to have to talk to you about that. I googled Ebels, they're in Falmouth, about a 3 hour drive from me. Their circular says that price is good until the end of April. You can also get 1/2 hot at $1.39. :thumb:

Good pricing. If there is too much for you to freeze, I have a freezer that I will share for a small pittance.

What a great idea that ought to last ya a bit. Did you get ribs out of that also?

Back