Locked and Loaded-Osage City, KS (merged)

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Didn't remember how much work this was! :shock: But I'm packed, loaded and ready to pull out in the morning for Osage City. The wall climbing officially ends tomorrow! :biggrin: See all of you who'll be there at Osage tomorrow. And anyone competing in King's Mountain or Charleston this weekend, best of luck to you! And for anyone not doing the road show this weekend, here's to good Q and have a happy Easter weekend! Later!

Oh and Andy... if you see this... your daughter is going to have some competition in the Kids Q. My five year old will be down shortly before the contest starts and will enter. Here's to our pair taking top prizes!

I hope you dont get that, "Man, I know I am forgetting something" feeling.

I do all the time and I usually am forgetting something that I remember later when it is too late. :biggrin: :biggrin:

But, just remember, there is a Wal-Mart somewhere.

Jeff, you may need to get Jay to touch up the paint on your cooker after everyone "oohs and aahs" and just has to touch it!!

We took 4th out of 65 teams in chicken and collected a good sized check! Nudged out the big boys, Parrothead Smokers for the position by about a half point! I was happy with pork and ribs but a couple of the judges did not share my enthusiasm. In ribs, we were 26th. Pork was 39th. Brisket was 34th. Overall, 21st. So far so good on my goal of finishing in the top third in each contest. Long way to go, though.

Thanks a BUNCH to Todd (Hawgsnheifers) for the help and company!

And Jay, I had a busy day on Friday showing the smoker to everyone who stopped by. I bet there were no less than 50 people ask about it. Don't think anyone has seen anything like it before! Honestly, it got to be quite a distraction! LOL! But you know I was proud of it and hopefully we can "get the word out" in the KC area!

I'm beat! I'm showering and going to bed.

Jeff, good job. 21st of 65 on only your 4th (I'm guessing) or so outing. You should be proud. Way to go.

Thanks guys! And I feel like a heel for forgetting to mention... my daughter got 5th place out of I think 9 in her division for Kids Q! I was proud of her and she was excited. But I gotta let Andy tell you HIS two newsworthy items. I'll post pictures but probably not til tomorrow night with it being Easter.

I didn't see this before I psoted the new thread. Congrats to you and your daughter.

Good Job Jeff, And Get They Young Lady Of Yours Her Own Trophy Shelf, She Is Going To Fill It.

Back