New Comp Trailer - Backwoods & Santa Maria

Bgbarracus,
How does that Santa Maria grill get grease drained or ash removal?
Is the heat from the Santa Maria grill causing problems with items stored in the storage compartment?

Bgbarracus,
How does that Santa Maria grill get grease drained or ash removal?
Is the heat from the Santa Maria grill causing problems with items stored in the storage compartment?

Raise the grate, scoop out with a shovel. The SM grill is lined with firebrick. I've seen some other grills with a hole in the bottom that is covered up with a brick. You then put a bucket below the hole, remove the one brick and shovel/sweep the coals/ash to the hole and out the bottom. Thought about modifying it to do that but I no longer have the trailer as I've traded/upgraded to a porch trailer.

Since it was lined with the firebrick, it retained the heat well and I never had an issue with the stuff underneath or to the side or countertops getting hot/melting.

Hope that helps.

did you make a thread with the new rig? would really like to see it. you know we love toys.

did you make a thread with the new rig? would really like to see it. you know we love toys.

I haven't yet....here's a sneak peak:

82B1CDF7-2408-475C-873C-29E5093503A3_zpsv2z9vaqe.jpg

94BCA858-B616-40D1-9F62-2C524EF90B23_zps7bhtjz7i.jpg

Very impressed! Looks like another winner. I would be showing that thing off to everyone.

Back