• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

bbq price

gamblerpro1

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
i recently gave a price for 60 people to cook on site.i quoted them a price for pulled pork,ribs and chicken.three sides of baked beans,potato salad and cole slaw plus home made apple pies.i will tow for about half hour and cook on site and serve the food.i gave them a price for $1000 dollars.im getting some tough feedback about cutting my price.is this a fair price.any feedback would be great.thanks

That's only 16 bucks a head that's not bad at all for any party.

If you cut the price you will go broke.... It is awfully cheap... $16.00+ a person considering there are three meats, three sides, pie, travel, set-up, SERVING, breakdown, and travel back.

I assume you are also supplying all consumables like paper products, ect...?

that's a very fair price i would explain to them you need to make a little money, that's alot of work hold too your gun's. tell them to go to subway they have pulled pork sub's

That's more than a fair price, even here in TX. The work, the show and tell, the wood, the food, the set-up, break down, clean up, the towing, the long hours of prep, etc.

How much meat are you cooking? I don't see a lot of profit there. I'd say you are barely breaking even when you include the travel and "the show". Hit them up for a little more :Cry:

16.67 a person is more than a lot of people want to spend at events. You need a very firm list of your costs, including your time and wear and tear to figure out where to cut. You also want to list how much of each you'll produce per person.

Sounds to me that if they want to cut costs they need to start cutting out product. Either that or they need to look at portions.....

I think it's a great deal. If they want a lower price, then reduce quantities and items offered.

If they don't like the price. Have the check with around. I just quoted a full catering with tables, flatware, glasses, linens, etc... for $22/person. That was just one meat also.

Back