Labor Day: Brats, Beans & Peaches w/pr0n

Sneaker98

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Headed to my Father in laws later for some labor day grubbing, relaxing and ammunition wasting.

I have the smoker loaded up in preparation. Brats with onions and peppers, baked beans, and peaches that I will use to make a cobbler later.

After smoking the peaches a couple hours, I sliced them up and topped with a bag of white cake mix and poured a melted stick of butter over the top. Then back to the smoker.

What temp are you running the smoker with the cobbler? Looks like you seared the brats a bit before putting in the pan? Any beer in the brat pan?

Looking good!

Didn't sear the brats. Just threw them on top of the onions and peppers and they have been smoking for about 3 hours. No beer this time but I usually do. They are down in the bottom of the smoker due to a lack of room on the top. I had been running about 250. When I put the cobbler back in I opened it up a little and added some more fuel hoping to get it up to at least 300. There is a good chance the cobbler will have to finish in the oven. We will see!

Home made brats? Gonna have to try that cobbler idea. need to make something sweet next time around so the wife can get happy with a dessert while i get happy with some meat.

Back