Chuck Roll Pepper Stout Beef....Round Dos by Lil Bobby Brisket!

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Gonna be a busy boy this weekend! Gonna start cooking about 35lbs of roll starting Saturday night for a friend's surprise 60th birthday party on Sunday! During the day on Saturday we will be with some other friends having our first tailgate party of the UTEP Miners football season. It's an away game, but we will be watching it on the tube and tailgating in the garage. Good thing is that they live like 2 minutes away, so I'll be coming home at some point and starting up the PBC and just letting it's do it's thing while I go back and tailgate some more! I'm gonna need Monday to recover from Saturday and Sunday!
I'll add to thread as I start cooking. Thinking of putting one roll on the grate and hanging the other one right above it.
Some pron and a link to the last time I did this. Best dang stuff around!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=169898&highlight=Stout

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 542
Last edited:
Proud Dad Moment. I think it's safe to say my son is now a Pit Master! He did it ALL! Setting up the pit, coal, rubbing, prepping, and even shredding the meat! Gotta say he rocked it.

Need to get the pics from my phone! Here is one of the rolls after taking off the pit at around 3AM and putting in the roaster.

The house smells incredible!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 490
He made sure that I reminded him about shredding it so he could say he did the whole process! Love my Boy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 488
I like trying new stuff. Found the Wooster sauce for a buck a bottle. Gotta say, it was good stuff. More on the vinegar end than the regular stuff and it made for some killer flavor. Here's some pics of the stout liquid too. I'll post what we used for the liquid too. Just working on getting pics uploaded.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 484
Some mo Bobby Pit Master Pron!
WP_20140830_013_zpsc32f7aa3.jpg

Albertson's had that 40 lb bag of lump fo 10 dolla!
Selfie with the Pit Master!
WP_20140830_015_zpsf43183fd.jpg

Rock and Roll!
WP_20140830_016_zps99e35151.jpg

Git yer rub on!
WP_20140830_017_zps3725513d.jpg

Bout half his weight in Chuck Roll! LOL!
WP_20140830_018_zpse319b282.jpg

Getting the juices flowing. Here's what we added to each roaster. One red onion, 3 green bells, 1 red, yellow, orange bell, one bunch cilantro, 20 or so garlic cloves, two beers, 1 bottle of Wooster, then one bottle of beer filled with water, one quart bag of Hatch green chile. This stuff could eat like a soup.........it actually did. I served me some in a bowl and devoured it. SO damn good!!!
WP_20140830_020_zps95fc72a7.jpg

Let's git it on!
WP_20140830_021_zps20ec3b8d.jpg

PBC ROCKED it like always. It huffed and puffed for about 7 hours and Pit Master Bobby B went with I large chuck of oak and pistachio. Made for some beautimous smoke! Matter of fact, the PBC is still humming along...:biggrin1:
WP_20140830_022_zpsbd55e0a8.jpg

Pampa......Brazilian brand......good stuff...............

KenBBQ4242011041.jpg

Lil' Bobby Brisket kicks some serious BBQ out !!!!

It's great to see your son get involved. Pretty soon he'll be teaching you how to improve on your rubs and sauces.

Congrats to the newest pit master. Seems he as an awesome teacher and he was a darned good student.

Darned good looking eats!!!

He is a great student and a very handsome young man!! What grade is he in? He reminds me of my grandson.

He's in 4th grade. Thanks everyone! The party was a great success and my friend Louie had no idea the party was for him. My son got lots of compliments on the meat. It was a great time!

Bob and Lil Bobby B!

Back