• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Australia meets Japan, meets Idaho

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Gold Coast, Queensland! (Finally Escaped Melbourne
G'Day Bruces'

Just a quick post for the current throwdown "With A bone"

Naturally, I'm using Australian Lamb...

I bought a whole side of Lamb and had all the loin chops marinated in EVOO, Garlic, Greek Oregano and fresh Rosemary from the garden.. +S&P

DSC_0003_471.jpg

On the cool end of the COS with Lump at 225. Added some hickory through the smoke.
DSC_0004_470.jpg

Here just turning the first one.. the slow cook and the hickory imparting some really nice colour...
DSC_0011_489.jpg

Looking super... I had foiled potatoes on the hotter side of the COS
DSC_0010_490.jpg

When I checked the Lamb, it was a bit more advanced than I had hoped for. The potatoes were not ready, so I pulled the lamb and foiled until all was ready, and at the last moment, reverse seared all the lamb chops in the firebox / grill of the COS...
DSC_0017_484.jpg

Here they are after resting
DSC_0019_482.jpg

With the potatoes, I fried up the very last of my home smoked bacon lardons, finely sliced spring onions and added sour cream to make what we call here "Idaho" potatoes. I'm not sure if you call them that in the states, but it is what we call them here.

For the Japanese part, I cooked some UDON noodles and chilled.
I blanched some green beans and set on ice. Finely grated lettuce, carrot, bell pepper, cucumber and a few other veges were added, and seasoned with Mirin, Kechap Manis, Sesame Oil, Fish Sauce and a few other things...

Heres, the dish plated with another cut chop on top to show the rareness.

DSC_0022_479.jpg

Here's the closeup...

DSC_0025_477.jpg

The tucker was awesome... not a scrap left...

Thanks for looking!

Cheers!

Bill

That looks so pharkin tasty!!!! Will a couple of those be in the sample box?? :p

I know it is a minor detail but I appreciate how you always properly treat your veggies - perfectly cooked with some snap.

OFF TOPIC: I've always wanted to ask you this important question - When you give someone the crazy spinning finger sign do you do it counterclockwise in Australia?? :crazy:

Happy (Belated) Father's Day Bill :p:p

Looks fantastic Bill... perfect!! :thumb: Happy Father's Day!

Heh Heh... well, I do know that we always spin basket balls backwards here, but the bird is pretty much the bird world over :heh::heh:

Unfortunately though, Fathers day in Australia is not until Septemberish. I don't know who decided these things here, but I wish they'd get with the programme.:cool:

Bill, I as the first recipient of the Aussie Lamb Farkers award, I hereby nominate you for the official ALF award. Please feel free to give it to yourself. :clap2:
How about the rest of you Lot as an Aussie might say, do you agree?

That stuff looks absolutely awesome!!

Last edited:
Nice! Don't eat much lamb over here, but if it looks like that!!! Hhhmmmmm
Nice pictures, and that Udon noodle salad, looks great!

Looks absolutely fabulous!:-D
I am a big fan of lamb, and am lucky to be able to get farm fresh lamb raised just down the road...
I buy 2-3 whole lambs per year and usually when we get one, we eat chops for several days straight...
Just a minor technicality, in your post you said they were loin chops, but the pictures show rib chops...
The loin chops are the ones like mini T-bones...

I am a big fan of lamb, and am lucky to be able to get farm fresh lamb raised just down the road...
I buy 2-3 whole lambs per year and usually when we get one, we eat chops for several days straight...
Just a minor technicality, in your post you said they were loin chops, but the pictures show rib chops...

They seem to be a mixture of both. Mid loin are the ones with the tenderloin in them.

I know at home we just busted all the chops out of a side and didn't bother with rib racks etc. Chops is chops.

They look bloody good, Digger.

Dave

Good point! RIB Chops... There were a few loin chops in there I think, as I had them all in one bag... Not sure if they came up in any photo's.

Bill

I really think we should have a WOW and a OMG button, sometimes a Thank You doesn't do it justice.

WOW, OMG that is a beautiful site!!!

Back