• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What to do with leftover ham?

I make a big pot of Lima beans with the ham bone and some of the meat. Smoked ham makes the best beans.

I usually do ham and beans but that looks pretty good.

I like ham sliced and eaten as ham. Although it can be good in ham biscuits

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
This idea came to me sitting in the woods hunting elk and daydreaming about the leftover ham in my cooler.....

CHICKEN FRIED HAM with red eye gravy.

My hunting partner liked it so much he made it for Thanksgiving instead of turkey.

It's delicious

We re heat slightly and serve as is along with some homemade tater salad. Hot ham and cheese sammiches are good also. Think bacon, it is almost as versatile, but maybe a little bit better for you.

Omar

We did some white beans and ham and cornbread the other night and it sure was fit to eat.

Probably gonna have enough to make some vac-packed portions for future bean cookings.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Something out of left field. I've done these before and they are Good, not good for you per say but they are Good:

Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders on Kings Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
Got this idea from Kings Hawaiian bread and it's something easy and quick to throw together. I only did half of the recipe below and I baked them in my Dutch oven but you could easily put these in a foil pan and bake them on the grill for 15 - 20 minutes. I rarely pre-heat my DO but I did for these sandwiches. I also used some foil to make it easier to lift them out.

1 pound Deli ham shaved
1 pound Swiss cheese thinly sliced
1 1/2 sticks Butter
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons Minced onion dried
1 12-pack KING'S HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls

You melt the butter, and then mix in the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and onion and pour over the rolls before baking. The butter mixture soaks in and makes each little slider a little crusty.

details: http://www.kingshawaiian.com/recipes/MiniBakedHamSandwiches/

Back