Vertical smoker cover

biggs98

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Anyone know or use a cover for their vertical smoker? I have a Humphreys Pint on orderšŸ˜ and will be able to store it in my shed most of the time but it will probably be on my patio a lot. I was looking for a good cover to protect it. I was also worried about moisture build up on the top of the smoker with the cover on possibly rusting the top. Any and all help is much appreciated. Thanks!!

Tuscaloosa Q had a lady that was making covers for Shirley cookers and anything else I believe. Might contact him at Shirley Fab.

vinylcoveringsbymel.com. she made mine for my lsg vertical cabinet. She was way cheaper than anyone else I found. Really happy with it. Fits like a glove.

Thanks for the sites. Anyone ever have any issues with the tops of the smokers rusting due to the moisture that gets inside the cover?

I have a Cowley Canyon cover that is the best cover I have ever owned. They are related to a brethren here and I believe if you comtact them, they will make you cover to whatever dimensions you wish.

A third vote for GrillWraps. It was a tad pricey for my LSG Vertical Offset cover ($600), but it is made of the same material that they make boat covers out of, and it really seems to keep the moisture out. It also has a 10 year warranty which was important to me as mine sits outside all year round in the Texas weather.

Tuscaloosa Q had a lady that was making covers for Shirley cookers and anything else I believe. Might contact him at Shirley Fab.

This is the way I am going for a cover my my Blackstone. Pauls neighbor is a single Mom....who from what I have read isn't living on Gubermint handouts....

It's tough to find a basic cover with just the right dimensions anywhere. I have been looking high and low, and there's no way I am paying $385 on up for a cover. I detail my Humphreys and keep it in the garage, I just want a basic cover for mid week storage, not something built to withstand a hurricane. The search goes on. If you fellas find something that is basic, I am all ears. My dimensions are 22w x 28d x 49h, that's a tough son of a gun to find a cover for, beats me as to why.

Think outside the box... it doesn't have to be a smoker cover, just a cover of the right dimensions. Here's one made for patio chairs -

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HCR89M/ref=s9_hps_bw_g86_i5"]Amazon.com : Classic Accessories Veranda Stackable Chairs Cover 78972, Pebble, Fits stack of up to 6 chairs : Patio Chair Covers : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31G4lSJFUfL.@@AMEPARAM@@31G4lSJFUfL[/ame]

I have one of their covers on my gasser and I love it.

Think outside the box... it doesn't have to be a smoker cover, just a cover of the right dimensions. Here's one made for patio chairs -

Amazon.com : Classic Accessories Veranda Stackable Chairs Cover 78972, Pebble, Fits stack of up to 6 chairs : Patio Chair Covers : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I have one of their covers on my gasser and I love it.

+1 on the Classic Accessories Veranda covers. I have one for my Weber Gasser, and another for my MES 40". They have all kinds of different covers, one has to be close enough. The quality is very good, IMHO.

I have 2 covers from www.coverus.com. really thick material but I don't believe it is breathable like the boat material ones. But hard to complain for $60. I think that's what I paid for my 48" insulated cabinet cooker cover. It's been on my cookers for about 2 years with no rust. 1 is under a covered patio and the other is out in the weather. No rust. I just checked and after rain for about 5 days straight it is dry under the cover. That cover has not been removed for at least 6 months.

I did my covers custom, but they aren't for outside so maybe that won't work but since I keep both of the Stumps in the garage, i was more concerned about things falling or leaning against them or getting dinged by a rock when they're on the trailer.

I bought a box of really heavy plush cargo blankets made for antiques. I took all the measurements and had a local marine upholstery shop do all the sewing. I had cutout for the handles and the strap attachments cutout so I wouldn't have to take the cover off to move or transport the smokers. They came out really nice. It was about $75 for the blankets and $200 for the sewing. I had a lot of scraps left over which I just cut up into sections and took them to the humane society so they could use them as cat and dog beds. If you have a marine shop like that around... they probably carry Sunbrella material which would make a great outdoor cover if that's what you need. That way, you can have exactly what you want.

StumpsCover.JPG

Back