Adventures with Moo Gloo

Scalloped oysters - would you mind sharing the recipe - sounds like something I would like to try!

Scalloped oysters - would you mind sharing the recipe - sounds like something I would like to try!

I think it's a classic east coast kind of thing...I usually make oyster stuffing but thought I'd try something a bit different. It's a pretty simple recipe....a quart of oysters, 2 cups of crushed saltines (I used Ritz ;) ), a cup of bread crumbs, 3/4 cup of melted butter, one cup of heavy cream, nutmeg, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, green onions, bacon. Mix the crackers/bread crumbs/butter together. Lay down a thin layer of the mix in a casserole dish, then about half the oysters, pour on half of the cream seasoned with all the other ingredients, another layer of the crackers mix, the rest of the oysters, the rest of the cream mix, top with the rest of the cracker mix...a little Parmesan on top wouldn't hurt either! Bake the whole shebang at 350 for about 30 mins and you're done! Big hit for the oyster lovers....not so much for the people with the heebiejeebies...lol

awesome! I used moo glue to stick bacon to chicken once - i'd say i got about 50% adherance. how well did it stick for you? love that 5 legged beast.

I'm not even a creamed corn fan and I wouldn't mind having the recipe for that...

The creamed corn is deliciously simple...cut the kernels off 8 ears of corn, then use the back of a small but sturdy knife to scrape as much of the "corn milk" that you can off each cob into the same mixing bowl as the kernels...add one tablespoon of flour, two tablespoons of brown sugar, a cup of heavy cream, salt and pepper to taste (a smidge of white pepper also is fantastic). Heat up a skillet with two tablespoons of bacon grease and pour the corn mixture in. Stir often while letting the whole shebang reduce a bit and get creamy. You'll just know it when it's just right...finish with a tablespoon or two of butter just before you take a bite and try not to eat the whole pot before the guests arrive!

Back