• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Saiko's Brunswick Stew w/ Virg-La-Tex Flair

Randy3269

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
OK....So I started with Saiko's recipe because from there you really can't fark it up. Thanks Saiko! :clap2: Now for the flair...Virginia gets the lima beans. This seems consistent with the recipes from that area. Louisiana gets some onions sautéed in part of the butter from Saiko's dish....let's face it, everything in La starts w onions and butter and I love all of their food. Next is the Texas twist. It gets a couple of tatoes (spoken like a real cook....thanks Jeanie) :icon_wink and the meat is 100% brisket cause that's how we roll here in Texas. Not that I have anything against pulled pork, I just forgot to label a few packages while vacuum sealing and wound up with two pounds of brisket and no pork. :icon_blush:

o1tw4.jpg

Not ready for the spoon test yet, but if the aroma wafting through the house is any indication....it's gonna be good.
Thanks for lookin'
Randy

Look's good to me!!!:biggrin1:

And as too the different ingredients, that's the beauty of Brunswick stew. Folks will argue about it coming from Ga. or Va., (It was Va. hahahaha.) but most folks agree on one thing.......it was stew made from what was available.

By the way....Boshizzle has a great post about Brunswick stew, not to mention a really good recipe.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=144183

Looks great! I love Saiko's recipe. Haven't made it in awhile but need to soon. Thanks for the post!

The end product was rich and tasty. I used 1.5 T of SM Peppered cow and 1/2 T of Oakridge Crucible. Great flavor with a warm finish....good stuff!

Back