Bigmista's Barbecue & Sammich Shop

If you haven't checked out the Yelp page, you should read the reviews. All (but 1) are extremely positive ... not like anyone here would be surprised. The lone negative is because the person wasn't able to get the food that he had been reading rave reviews about. In time he will return, and then will be hooked

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bigmistas-barbecue-and-sammich-shop-long-beach

I get that a lot from friends and family that feel compelled to complain to me about a new BBQ joint that they went to only to find out they ran out of food. I tell them that's the nature of a good BBQ joint that cooks fresh every day, next time go earlier. :thumb:

We got there too late on Sat. to eat - they had sold out of everything! We did get to meet Morgan though. She has a lot of charm and charisma and Neil is fortunate to be working for her.

Even though they were through for the night it was still nice to see some friendly faces, get a tour of the place, and pick up a little somethin'...

photo-2347.jpg

This stuff is good even when it's out of focus!

I think we'll be heading down there sometime during the holidays with in-laws in tow. :hungry:

Just read this review on Yelp which was posted yesterday, and thought it was a good one to share with everyone here... nice to see that so many people are enjoying his food

"So my in laws are in town for the holidays and got a chance to watch my baby today while at work. Looking for something to eat, my FIL had some potato salad that was in the refrigerator. He sent me a text saying the potato salad was the BEST he'd ever had.

When I got home from work I suggested bringing in some BBQ from Big Mista. Since they liked the potato salad so much I knew they'd dig the meat.

I talked up the pastrami, so we got 1 lb ea pastrami, brisket and spare ribs. 2 large potato salads and some sandwich rolls. Sauces on the side.

They were blown away by the food! Comments like: pastrami is amazing! Brisket is delicious! This is better than any BBQ we have back home! The sauce is authentic BBQ!

Did I mention they're from Texas and my FIL is a southern boy through and through? If he says it's the best he's ever had in his 70 years, then I damn well believe him.

I suggest ordering ahead because sometimes they run out of certain things and you'll be bummed to drive in and not have what you wanted."

:clap2:

New size B.A.P.O.M. = 4 lbs "Dayum"

While sitting outside there were never less than 4 people in line, and everyone left happy.

First time getting hot links and rib tips in the BAPOM, and they were great as well. They make it hard to pick favorites

Last edited:
So full. 2 . 5lb BAPOM, extra lb of sliced point and some mac n' cheese.

Great as always.

Nap time now

A little birdie just told me that Bigmista might be featured on "Man Fire Food" with Roger Mooking in the near future. If that is true, the lines are gonna get even longer :sad:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCg8plK7UkQ"]Bass is Base - Funkmobile - YouTube[/ame]

Back