It's tough to be the King

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This is for you ninja-son: When you're the King sometimes you have to roast some of your subjects. It's always a sad day when you have to take care of business. :sad:

The good news it's been well over a month since i had to roast one of my people.

The subject was injected with Tony C's butter and herb and rubbed inside and out with Island Spice Jamaican Jerk. This subject deserved fire so i roasted her with 500* plus temps.

I'm a faithful disciple of Donnie :rolleyes: AKA PitmasterT which many of you know. Donnie introduced me to pig honey and I the King introduce you to chicken honey. The chicken honey can't penetrate skin so it's only possible to see it if the skin is broken. :biggrin1:

Only one problem with this execution was it was too wet and juicy (if that's possible) :noidea: Wetter than any other roasting which made it impossible to slice well....I suppose it'll eat good though. lol

Yes it's possible to have too wet of a bird! lol Thanks for lookin!

Wow. Who cares if you can slice.

Its all good even in chunks.

Heavy is the crown. It is your burden.I accept it GREAT ninja warrior-son

Did you use any top secret tricks that you cant tell us about?
No sir! Just injected with creole butter and cooked over a 500-600* plus oak fire. It had to be boiling throughout with in 10 minutes of putting it in the cooker.

The juices are the tears of all the other chicken subjects who will miss their dear friend.

Great looking birdie!

Nice job. Never thought you could do that at 500+ without damage to some part, but looks amazing.

I've done 500* in the middle smoker in avatar with a spatchcock and it was great. This was much hotter and even flame kissed but it was spinning which makes a big difference. The skin almost dissolves

Back