Next take a 11" x 13" cassreole dish and coat the bottom with butter
You will need 3-4 medium sweet potatoes
peel and slice sweet potatoes about 1/8" thick
place a layer of sweet potatoes on bottom
then a layer of pulled pork
salt and pepper
continue until you get to the top of the pan
top layer should be potatoes
then take 2 cups of heavy cream and whisk with 3 tblspoon of chipotle peppers.
cover top layer of sweet potatoes with Monterray jack cheese
then pour mixture of cream and peppers over the top
cover with foil, place in oven @ 375 for 25 minutes
uncover back in oven for another 15 minutes

Let me know what you think!!

Doorbuster writes >>>Let me know what you think!!<<<

I think I'm gunna have to stay on my diet eating that lol:eek: looks tasty, though

i think i have to go on a diet case just from reading it i pack on 5 lbs.

but it sounds like something Im gonna have to try..

Lasagna.. bbq style.:cool:

Pull a pork loin? A friend of mine told me he smoked and pulled a pork loin. Anyone else do this - I have always sliced my pork loins and pulled the butt. Seems like if you cook a lion to pulling temp it would be dry as hell.

The recipie does sound good though!! May have to try it Not a big fan of sweet taters but could probably use regular taters.

Wayne
I make a pork loin nearly every time I smoke. When people heard me taking it to 190, they called me nutz. At bash 2, they saw that foil, used as a tool, can really change peoples notions on things.

I'm attaching a link to the recipe section. If it don't work, click recipes at the top of this forum, then Brethren Pork, then Bill's (TK's) Pork Loin Method.

That recipe (method) is old. I now do them at around 215 or so, and they take about 6-7 hours cause they now behave exactly like a brisket and get stuck in the 150's.

Just watch out for that juice. (I reserve it and them put the leftovers back into it) I cut into 1" slices normally, but have also "pulled" using this method. If I cut less than 1" slices, it looks like pulled pork anyway :)

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/cookbook/viewrecipe.php?id=117&category=*BBQ%20BRETHREN%20PORK*

Back On Topic
Sorry Doorbusters.

I will try this recipe and report back

I'm submitting this as a seperate item for Doorbuster commentary.

Smoke a pork loin, then layer in casserole creation

Is the smoked pork loin still hot? Is this a leftover the next day? Is it piping hot and a continuation into the evening for the same day's cook/dinner?

Both recipes sound pretty killer to me, though I think the first would do it faster. Thanks for both....

backyardchef said:
Both recipes sound pretty killer to me, though I think the first would do it faster. Thanks for both....

I'm not knocking Doorbusters here, but the only reason I posted that "method" was to explain how I can get a loin to "pullable" consistency.

So the first recipe would actually take longer, since you need pullable loin, just to begin that recipe.

But BYC, you gotta try one of them wrapped loins treated like a brisket.

Even the kids love it!!

Back