KCBS election time

Fat Freddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I just voted!!!

my confirmation email.....
Dear FRED NEVILL
This is to confirm that you have cast your vote for the ballot: 2014 KCBS Board of Directors. We take this opportunity to thank you for your participation.

Sincerely,
The eBallot Team

If you don't vote you can't complain. Who are we kidding though. I put my vote in this morning as well.

<-------------------------------------
shiner.gif

Lol! …^^^…recieved my e-mail this morning...will vote after work! I wanna biπ¢h too...

Got my vote in, let the bitching begin. Just kidding but I do believe voting is important in anything that has an impact on you and God knows BBQ & KCBS has a big impact on me, just ask my wife.

It's a sad statistic that only 17% of the KCBS membership voted last year. I've heard all kinds of excuses...

Even sadder is that 17% is considered a high percentage for groups like KCBS (that's from VoteNet, the company that's administering the election).

Saddest of all is that 17% is not unusual for governmental elections either.

Yeah, I can b**ch and do fairly regularly.

I didn't realize it was that low, Candy!!.. why the hell do competitors become members then, if they don't care to take 5 minutes to vote once a year?!!?

I didn't realize it was that low, Candy!!.. why the hell do competitors become members then, if they don't care to take 5 minutes to vote once a year?!!?
I wonder what percentage of the voters are the competitors vs judges? Judges make up the vast majority of KCBS membership right?

KCBS doesn't track that now. Heck, just last year, we started gathering statistics as to where voters came from (states, etc.). Now that administering the election is done by the office (instead of by a board member), we can get more information. Maybe next year, but my gut says more judges vote. By the way, KCBS has 100% member participation from China (1 member)!

I don't know, honestly. A cook doesn't have to be a member to cook, only to get points for team of the year.

What upsets me is the members that use the "I don't know any of the candidates" reason not to vote. I have and do vote for people based on how they answer the 6 questions, not whether I know them or not.

It's a sad statistic that only 17% of the KCBS membership voted last year. I've heard all kinds of excuses...

Even sadder is that 17% is considered a high percentage for groups like KCBS (that's from VoteNet, the company that's administering the election).

Saddest of all is that 17% is not unusual for governmental elections either.

Yeah, I can b**ch and do fairly regularly.

Wow!
Got 30.4% return rate on our election.
Didn't realize that was a good percentage!

KCBS doesn't track that now. Heck, just last year, we started gathering statistics as to where voters came from (states, etc.). Now that administering the election is done by the office (instead of by a board member), we can get more information. Maybe next year, but my gut says more judges vote. By the way, KCBS has 100% member participation from China (1 member)!

Are those stats available? Did Steve post something on that last year?

How many more days, Candy? Not that you would be counting... :p

Steve may have. Don't know as there's anything secret about it.

Voting is done 1/17 at noon, I think.

Yes, I am a lame duck for sure!!! One more meeting to preside and 24 more board meetings to go...

Located the numbers. Login to KCBS.US and go to downloads. Data is on there on a map and a table. In Illinois, there were 842 members eligible to vote and 111 actual votes cast from there. That's 14%.

Tennessee and Louisiana had the highest voting percentage at 29% and 28% respectively.

I voted yesterday afternoon. I always study the questions and make my decision on the answers of all the candidates.

Steve may have. Don't know as there's anything secret about it.

Voting is done 1/17 at noon, I think.

Yes, I am a lame duck for sure!!! One more meeting to preside and 24 more board meetings to go...

Thanks for your time and dedication as president, Candy. I thought you were crazy when you were telling us in the workout room at 6:00 am that cold KC morning at the banquet. And I still think you were crazy!!! :p

And thanks for the link to the stats. That is the data that Steve had posted. 11% is ridiculous and embarrassing.

Have all the ballot emails gone out? As of 1/3 at 7pm I have not received mine.

Have all the ballot emails gone out? As of 1/3 at 7pm I have not received mine.

I received mine early morning on 1/2/2014. You may want to check your junk/spam folder. If you don't have it, contact the KCBS office. They can resend it.

I read the answers to the questions and voted based on them. I only know one candidate personally. I don't think people take the time (less than an hour) to read, compare and decide who they want to vote for. That's where the "I don't know the candidates so I didn't vote" comes from - it's just folks being lazy and not willing to put any thought or effort into the process. Unfortunately, that's the norm.

I decided only to cast one vote and that was for a rep we have gotten to know at competitions. He's a great guy with a very open and honest personality, and has always gone out of his way to be welcoming and supportive to us at competitions in Tennessee. I think he'd be a great addition to the Board of Directors, and now that elections are here I'm glad we took the time to get to know our rep.

Back