Discussion Thread -> "I've Never Cooked That, Part 2!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS TWO WEEKS!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown category is..."I've Never Cooked That, Part 2!"

money.jpg

This was Will Work for Bbq's entry in the 2015 "I've Never Cooked That!" Throwdown.

As chosen by jwtseng for winning the "Get Down With the Ground, Part 3" Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

jwtseng said:
I've never cooked that!

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 12/2/16 through
the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 12/19/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 12/19/16

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I can't say that I am working on something specifically for this, but I am cooking something this weekend that will qualify so may as well enter. :mrgreen:

I'll just leave this here...

Can't believe I actually found some AND that I actually bought some. :tsk: :tsk: :tsk: :tsk:

decadcbe-cced-4670-a7b2-393ee3d6fd81.jpg

Now, how do you cook em?!?!?! We'll figure it out tomorrow...

ItPlease accept this as my entry into this Throwdown".
This is my first pork shoulder turned into pulled pork took me a little over 8 hours on my Green Mountain Grill smoker I got last week.
After prep with home made dry rub.

thanks to a lot of people that helped me on the Forum to complete this cook
Smoking my first bone in pork shoulder
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240042

Last edited:

Please accept the above photo for my entry into the throw down. Grilled Bacon Wrapped Banana Split

Here is the link to the cook thread.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240145

Hope you all enjoy it.I sure did and so did my kids they went nuts for it. I had a blast. Win or lose I had the most fun cooking I have had in awhile.

What say you?........ I still haven't had a chance to use my grinder. If I grind my own meat mix and make a burger, is that "I've never made before"?
I've made burgers with store ground meat, but never ground my own.
Thanks for clarifying!

Never used either pellets or an a-maze-n tube and never smoked cheese before. Cook thread here.

Please consider this as my official TD entry. Cherry-smoked Sharp Cheddar, Mozzarella, Pepper Jack and Horseradish Cheese:
attachment.php

Eric,

This is a somewhat open category and can be interpreted a couple of different ways - could be a new recipe you've never done before, a cut of meat you're trying for the first time, a new kind of prep etc, so you're good to go, though you may want to also consider making a style of burger you've never done before to kick it up a notch...

What say you?........ I still haven't had a chance to use my grinder. If I grind my own meat mix and make a burger, is that "I've never made before"?
I've made burgers with store ground meat, but never ground my own.
Thanks for clarifying!

Back