smoker cover material

notacos4u

Got Wood.
Reaction score
I have a Humphrey's down east beast and was looking to make a cover for it. I was wondering if anyone else has made their own or if they had it made, what material they had it made out of. I was thinking of going with a sunbrella fabric, but wasn't sure whether to get the marine grade which is waterproof, or regular sunbrella material that is water resistant and breathable. I just want to keep this beautiful smoker looking that way. Thanks for any input and replies.

I have a Humphrey's down east beast and was looking to make a cover for it. I was wondering if anyone else has made their own or if they had it made, what material they had it made out of. I was thinking of going with a sunbrella fabric, but wasn't sure whether to get the marine grade which is waterproof, or regular sunbrella material that is water resistant and breathable. I just want to keep this beautiful smoker looking that way. Thanks for any input and replies.

I had mine made for my down east beast at a local sail maker shop. Any good heavy canvas should work if you want to make it yourself...

Better have an industrial grade sewing machine if you're gonna make your own.

I made mine from marine grade vinyl. But you really need to seal the seams if you make your own. I didnt but I have very little water transfer through the seams.

Attachments

• smoker cover.jpg
    smoker cover.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 78
This is where I ordered my cover for my LSG. A little pricey, but it has a 10 year warranty. In this Texas heat, I'll take that...

http://www.grillwraps.com/

I got mine from here too. Well made, and has a good warranty. Pretty water tight too, with all the freakin Texas rain we've been having its held up very well.

They are a little pricey, with approximately 6 weeks lead times. Was well worth it to me as well.

Yeah, mine has been sitting in my garage, still in the box for a month or so. Hopefully I can pull it out this weekend...

Back