Finally, A Brisket I Can Eat!

SmokerKing

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This is my fourth attempt at smoking a Brisket and it finally turned out great, to me anyway. Good bark, nice pull and juicy!

Restaurant Supply Brisket. Fourteen pounder with a simple salt, pepper and coffee rub, 7 hours at 300 degrees.

A few pics.

Getting ready to fire up the Steampunk boiler;

wUU9lm.jpg

Almost done;

ZNdOWG.jpg

Brisket Pron;

JOaqR6.jpg

Thanks all, I've been needing to build up some confidence on smoking these damn things.

Congrats on the successful cook! What did you change or do differently?

How do you add coffee?
Is it instant? or finely ground standard beans?
or liquid?
Curious

Forget that brisket, I wanna hear more about that funky looking smoker build!!
I love that thing!

Congrats on the successful cook! What did you change or do differently?

This is my second attempt at the hot and fast method. I did the low and slow methods before, did the Myron Mixon pans, foil, etc. They turned out just OK, little too dry for my taste.

The last hot and fast was my best attempt prior to this one and I though I was on the right track as it was better than the low and slow attempts. I think my selection of the brisket and the quality of the meat had something to do with it, and I did less fat cap trimming. This brisket had some good marbling. There was a fat vein in the middle of this one that kept everything juicy.

I did not paper or foil this one. After it hit internal of 192, I pulled it and let it rest with a tented foil cover.

How do you add coffee?
Is it instant? or finely ground standard beans?
or liquid?
Curious

The dry rub was 40% salt, 40% ground pepper and 20% ground coffee.

Great looking cook. Nice brisket.

That S.P. Smoker is looking better as it gets dirty

Awesome looking smoker. I saw everything except the flux capacitor, and of course the Fetzer valve. I understand it's all ball bearings these days.:p

Back