Brussel Sprout Cole Slaw + King Fish + Shark Steak + Salmon

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So stopped at Nam dae mun on the way home as I do sometimes and since I had a friend in town we picked up some fish and other things to try. Grilled salmon before, but haven't done king fish or shark steaks.

Also went to a restaurant earlier this week that had brussel sprout coleslaw which was freaking amazing because of the texture and flavor and knew I had to make some :mrgreen:. Also picked up some nopales and eggplant to grill :clap2:. Here is what we made.

Veggies getting ready. The slaw had brussel sprouts, green onion, cilantro, chili sauce, and spices

Lighting the fire

Grilling the veggies

Grilling the fish

All of it done. I love this slaw and the king fish & shark steak are both awesome :becky:

Great looking plate of low carb goodness there Jason.

Would you mind sharing the recipe for that slaw please sir.

Looks great brother,
And a special thanks for cooking nopales, I never thought about grilling it, actually about eating it and I have 2 large prickly pears in my yard. I also Googled it and there was a slaw recipe using it as well.
Thanks for the inspiration

Looks great mate. My wife would fight you for the Fish.
Do you have to remove the Prickles in the Cactus?

Great looking plate of low carb goodness there Jason.

Would you mind sharing the recipe for that slaw please sir.

I kind of went rogue and just picked random things to add. So I did the brussel sprouts then green onions (though I try red in this next time), cilantro and fresh ginger too. I added some of that chili sauce and then some apple cider vinegar, mayo, salt, pepper and cumin.

Looks great brother,
And a special thanks for cooking nopales, I never thought about grilling it, actually about eating it and I have 2 large prickly pears in my yard. I also Googled it and there was a slaw recipe using it as well.
Thanks for the inspiration

They were good. I've never had them. To me is was kind of like a green pepper meets squash kind of deal. So a good template to add whatever flavor you want to them.

nonsense, the way I see it they owed it to you :peace:

Ha! The dressing/additions I did make were different than theirs, but I'm looking forward to trying different things in the slaw recipe in addition to the brussel sprouts.

Awesome cook! Hard to beat a fresh shark steak.

Awesome cook! Hard to beat a fresh shark steak.

It had a cool texture I wasn't expecting. Not like a flaky fish, but almost more of a chicken/steak hybrid type texture. Really good and will be doing that more now. We all really like the flavor of the King fish too.

Back