Some Chile Rellenos and stuff, and stuffed!

BobBrisket

Reaction score
With all that talk about Hatch chiles, I got a craving for some Rellenos. I used some poblanos and also made a few flautas since I had the oil going. Some cheesy beans, rice, guacamole....I used Cowgirl's batter recipe, but my technique is nowhere near as good and refined as hers. These things came out Texas sized!:shocked::heh: They were stuffed with muenster cheese and some cheapy, greasy chorizo I had rendered down.
Now enjoying the cool evening air and having some beverages with Mrs. B!

If did not suck!:thumb:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 225
I also used Cowgirl's cooking method where you plop some batter on the oil then plop the relleno on that and then add more batter on top and spoon the oil over it to cook it off. This batter took off. Kinda like a can of that expanding foam! :shock: Not a bad thing since that crispy batter is so good!

I kinda screwed up the batter a bit and that may have been it. After whipping the whites, I figured well, add the flour to the yolks and beat then add em in. I made yolk plaster. Lol. I thinned it out with a bit of water then beat em back into the whites. Maybe I whipped a ton of air in there! :noidea:

I'm thinking I just put too much on the top plop of batter. :-D

Burp!

Thanks again,
Bob

Last edited:
Dinner...it's kinda the Frankenstein of Rellenos, but damn it was good!:thumb:

attachment.php

I have never been to a restaurant and got served a delicious plate like that. Well Done Sir...

Back