Hi!

I need to get a few photos of the PBC folding grate for the next issue of the Brethren's magazine.

If you have any pretty cool pics of items hanging while the other side has wings or abt's or something and wouldn't mind sharing them, please let me know.

Thanks!

Eric
From my superbowl cook:

[/QUOTE]

The only pic I have...

Edit...I found another.....non cooking..

Attachments

• 20160117_151311.jpg
    20160117_151311.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 272
  • attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 266
Yah, all the ideas have merit, but for drip tray/ diffuser I will be trying pjess' method there. Thx!
I have the original PBC with flat grate rests so I don't think that this will work for me. I am going to experiment though.

It should work Cibelo, you'll just need a bigger turnbuckle. I have a classic version as well and will be trying it out.

Definitely let us know how it turns out, Andrew (and be generous with the pics!!) :grin:

I'm itching to cook a brisket myself, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $70 (!!! :shock:) for a flat at Sam's Club the other day! I know that it'd turn out great on the PBC, but I'm still a bit reluctant. Maybe seeing and hearing about a successful cook will be the encouragement I need! :thumb:

I love me some PBC briskie and that one's looking awesome Andrew. Can't wait for the pron.

Definitely let us know how it turns out, Andrew (and be generous with the pics!!) :grin:

I'm itching to cook a brisket myself, but I couldn't bring myself to pay $70 (!!! :shock:) for a flat at Sam's Club the other day! I know that it'd turn out great on the PBC, but I'm still a bit reluctant. Maybe seeing and hearing about a successful cook will be the encouragement I need! :thumb:

$70 for a flat at Sams!!! Buy a packer, pay less, have more flavor. At my Sams, most packers are $45-55. Still expensive but you get a lot of meat!!!

Thanks for all of the experiences and pictures you've shared in this thread. It helped inspire me to buy one. I love my Pitmaker but it's a pain in the butt to get going for a single rack of ribs or 15 wings for myself. My Weber is much easier for short cooks but there's very little grill space when using indirect heat. The PBC seems like it'll be perfect for my situation.

$70 for a flat! :shock: wow! How big was it? That packer I'm cooking is just under 13lb and cost me $38. It's a choice packer too. By the way, you can cook bigger briskets in the PBC but a few of us have found that 12-14lbs is about the perfect size to cook in the PBC.

In the mean time here's a teaser pic of the first brisket I did in the PBC.....they turn out great!

Attachments

• 20150628_201711.jpg
    20150628_201711.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 223
I love me some PBC briskie and that one's looking awesome Andrew. Can't wait for the pron.

I will try to be thorough with the pics. Usually I get caught up in the cook and forget though....:twitch:

Thanks for all of the experiences and pictures you've shared in this thread. It helped inspire me to buy one. I love my Pitmaker but it's a pain in the butt to get going for a single rack of ribs or 15 wings for myself. My Weber is much easier for short cooks but there's very little grill space when using indirect heat. The PBC seems like it'll be perfect for my situation.

Welcome to the PBC Club spedly! :clap: I promise you will be very happy with your purchase. It's very easy to learn and is very forgiving while you are figuring it out....and you'll still turn out great food in the process. After 2-3 cooks (or less) you'll have it down and it'll nearly be set it and forget it......Let us see your first cook when you get your PBC! :thumb:

Welcome to the PBC Club spedly! :clap: I promise you will be very happy with your purchase. It's very easy to learn and is very forgiving while you are figuring it out....and you'll still turn out great food in the process. After 2-3 cooks (or less) you'll have it down and it'll nearly be set it and forget it......Let us see your first cook when you get your PBC! :thumb:

I second that emotion!

Spedly you won't be sorry ....I've done it all and at my age I kind of like a set and forget with good results. This is what I have found in the PBC.

$70 for a flat! :shock: wow! How big was it? That packer I'm cooking is just under 13lb and cost me $38. It's a choice packer too. By the way, you can cook bigger briskets in the PBC but a few of us have found that 12-14lbs is about the perfect size to cook in the PBC.

In the mean time here's a teaser pic of the first brisket I did in the PBC.....they turn out great!

It was a 10-11 pound choice Black Angus brisket flat. That's one of the bad things about living in Eastern NC...I can get pork and chicken for pennies (picked up a nine pound center cut pork loin the other day for $12...) but beef tends to be "mucho expensivo!" Most of the beef I buy for "everyday" cooking actually comes direct from a local farm that specializes in humanely raised, hormone-free, grass fed beef. It's only about $0.50-1.00 more per pound than the stuff they stock at Wal-Mart, Food Lion, etc, and for me that kind of price difference is well worth it! They don't usually sell briskets, but they do special orders, so...:idea: :-D

Incidentally, highergr0und, Sam's didn't have any packers in stock that day. We'll see about my next trip. :mrgreen:

Oklahoma has decent prices on all meats from what I've seen. Plus I can shop at the commissary on base...meat is pretty cheap and good quality. But the packer I'm cooking tomorrow was from Walmart.
I trimmed it today. Looks like a great brisket!

Back