Discussion Thread -> "Bacon and Cheese!!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Our new TD category is..."Bacon and Cheese!"

DSC_0296_zps4c1a4613.jpg

This was OldYote's winning entry in the 2013 Special TD "National Burger Month"

As chosen by smoke ninja for his win the in the Beer! Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

smokeninja said:
For the next category how about the two best ingredients in the world "bacon and cheese" entries must contain both items.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/19 through
the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 6/29/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 6/29/15

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 of my favorite things There are all kids of dishes that can be made in this category

What do do when you have a bunch of leftover bacon from a big Saturday cook (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212728) and you have already scheduled yourself for an off day on Monday? Stop at the gas station and get some high octane "lemonade." Make some bacon/pimento cheese/Ritz crackers (the foam plate adds to the ambiance) and settle in for the evening.

Attachments

• IMG_1772.jpg
    IMG_1772.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 397
Bacon Wrapped Fatty

I prepared a bacon wrapped fatty with jalapeño and pepper-Jack cheese for Father's Day. It was covered with the Badia Saxon Tropical, so there was a beautiful color. What could be better than 2 lbs. of sausage, two jalapeños, 1lb. Of pepper jack and close to 1 lb. of bacon!

I started by smoking two jalapeños for 45 minutes. I sliced them up in thin strips, but I must have been distracted when I was preparing this as the seams of the fatty didn't get crimped together. Once it started to come to temp. it splayed open like a boat, with the cheese and jalapeño oozing.

It actually turned out great...the pic was after I cut a few slices off the end. I didn't know there was a TD that I would qualify in, thanks BBQwilly!

Please accept this as my Official Entry.

E699729D-1682-4235-95FE-89C9446BFD1D_zpsnxl4cfmz.jpg

Last edited:
Ooooooooooooey,goooooooooooey cheese with sausage and bacon, let's see...........eat first then call the cardiologist, or call the car............well, you get the idea:shock:, but I'm thinking yum!

KC

Grilled cheese-bacon burger

Heres my official entry for the bacon and cheese TD.

"Well what should we make for the next TD Weige?"

"Squirrel"

"I cant make that, its bacon and cheese, it wont fit the theme"

"Cheese stuft squirrel wrapped in bacon?"

"I dont think that will get many votes........i think i got something. Weige fetch the bacon, ill go get some cheese"

"Umm, i dont fetch"

Fire up the acorn and sear some 1/2 lbs patties

Time for the "buns"

There's the cheese requirement now for some bacon.

Add a little lettuce and tomato to give it a blt feel.

"Whatta ya think Weige?"

"Well it aint squirrel"

Entry pic

My.........errrrrrrrr, OUR? entry into the Bacon and Cheese Throwdown.

Hey everyone! I have a "joint venture" happening here along with Mrs Code3rrt. She was wanting something a little lighter and a bit healthier than the standard BBQ fare, and she came up with the following.

Created by Mrs Code3rrt.
Jointly directed by Code and the Mrs
Prepared by Code3rrt

The menu;
Corncake with grilled Canadian Bacon, Colby Cheese, onion and tomatoe.
Succotash
Spinach and sprout salad
Strawberry and Blueberry Parfait

Fried up the corncakes ahead of time;
Canadian%20bacon%20stack%20007_zpsjkzdeaem.jpg

Once everything was prepped, I fired up the grill. When it was ready, I tossed on the corncakes to warm them back up, then Canadian bacon;
Canadian%20bacon%20stack%20013_zpsmyz4ruxt.jpg

Assembled, plated and dressed;
Canadian%20bacon%20stack%20018_zpswpyrbgtb.jpg

A close up;
Canadian20bacon20stack20024_zpsvngi5meu.jpg

And then the money shot;
Canadian20bacon20stack20022_zpsaigyva8z.jpg

This turned out to be a real tasty dish, and a great summer meal for a blistering hot day! Delicious.

You can see the full cook thread here; http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213217

Thanks for looking all!

Keep on Qing.

KC

oh yes......RC too:grin:.

Bacon Wrapped Shrimp stuffed with Smoked Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño

This is my entry into the “Bacon and Cheese” Throwdown.

I’ve never made these before but I had something similar at a restaurant called Abuelo’s in Tulsa Oklahoma. It was one the more delicious things I’ve ever eaten so I decided to try and replicate it here.

All wrapped up.

And on the grill.

And almost ready.

Now plated up with a nice Stone Brewing Cali Belgique IPA.

Please use the photo below as my polling picture.

Oh yeah! Just like I remember them. :becky:

[FONT=&quot]You can see the entire cook thread here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213225[/FONT]

And that's a wrap! Poll to follow shortly...

Sorry for the delay folks. Just got in from a day at Sea World with the family! I'll get the poll up soon!

Back