Breakfast at the lake.

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I was aiming for some Chile chipotle lime benedict over Texas toast, but someone stopped by camp that morning and handed me some crappie filets. Heck... sounded good, so I cooked them too!

The weather was a bit windy, so I opted to use the little homemade table top charcoal grill instead of the tire rim.

x5jCsbM.jpg

Made my hollandaise sauce first. 3 egg yolks, butter, lime juice and chile chipotle seasoning.

2pW6Jc5.jpg

dQe3AmV.jpg

X13T3sq.jpg

The crappie filets..

ukl7uyc.jpg

i seasoned the filets and lightly dredged them in flour.

ryXxxko.jpg

ntTOX6H.jpg

Slapped a ham steak on to grill..

7yysCO1.jpg

NC8oBfe.jpg

Basted some eggs in butter, then scrambled a few for the ones who didn't like runny yolks. lol

EVmmcB5.jpg

Grilled the texas toast and started my build.
Toast, ham, egg, chipotle hollandaise, more spices, and topped with fresh pico.

cCqvLUN.jpg

Tz2Rltc.jpg

CZRKVqH.jpg

The crappie were a real treat. I caught catfish and walleye but no crappie.

nQY3COA.jpg

llWt2Sw.jpg

fhoWbAw.jpg

AhMWsv9.jpg

N4ay1Wc.jpg

X4aSyq6.jpg

It was a nice time. :-D

Thanks for looking!

Oh Yes! A little late in the year for us to catch the crappie but looks like some big fillets. The rest looks Fantastic!

Jen as always the meal you whooped us is awesome!!!!!! Hope you had a relaxing time also hope your coolers overflow with fresh fish... I bought a new boat and I have been rigging noodles to go cat fishing next week...thx for Sharing pics of your time in heaven with us!!!!!!

No wonder so many people are buying RV's and going camping...they are hoping to run in to you and get some of that good cooking! That is an incredible way to start the day. Very nicely done!

OUTSTANDING You put a new meaning to camp food Love fish Dont think I have ever had a crappie before I do really like fish

That’s a great looking breakfast no matter where you are. But I have to ask, you’re not hanging around with people that don’t like runny eggs are you? [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mighty Fine Neighbor!

Changing it up a bit I see - I was expecting the tractor wheel.

Now that's what I call good for the soul. What a great grill you made. Too bad on the walleye being too small. My personal favorite which I grew up fishing for on the St. Clair River

Back