Shirley Fabrication 24x42" quick walkaround

TheRainman

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Just finished my first few cooks on my new Shirley Fabrication 24x42" elevated straight back on a modified trailer - and loving it. Holds temps steady. Drafts like a locomotive. So impressed.

Here is a quick video on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3zeY3O-Xho&t=58s

Additional Build specs:

Hip roofs on main chamber and warmer
extra shelf in warmer
sausage rods
¾" firebox
V-Shaped fire-basked
sear grill in fire box
drip bars on doors
welded/sealed drip tray in warmer
5" tel tru gauges
D Goodyear rated tires
firewood basket
gaskets on both doors
baffle block
trailer dolly
bottom chamber cleaning tool

Last edited:
That smoke house/man cave behind you is slightly more impressive than that amazing smoker you just showed. Gimme both & I'd be a happy man!

Why turn off comments on video though?

That smoke house/man cave behind you is slightly more impressive than that amazing smoker you just showed. Gimme both & I'd be a happy man!

Thanks - I'm a newbie YouTuber - I'll figure out how to turn the comments on.

Absolutely amazing looking cooker. But why oh why did you not get a bottle opener installed on the unit? I can only assume that it's own its way!

Congratulations!

There. Think that I figured out the comments. Comment away!

Glad you finally got it and sucks you had to wait so long to get it across the border .:-D

Thanks Jeff. Yes this COVID thing and the border is a real hassle - but as they say, Shirley is #WorthTheWait

Happy to see that Santa unloaded the sleigh at your house yesterday. What a haul!

Looks awesome! Probably late to the party here, but seeing that Shirley is making the fire management fire baskets like LSG. May have to inquire about one of those for my pit...

Beautiful looking pit,,,,
I have the 24x36 JR. Model and luv it,,,, as do all my friends and family !!!!

Looks awesome! Probably late to the party here, but seeing that Shirley is making the fire management fire baskets like LSG. May have to inquire about one of those for my pit...

Yeah, I'm sure that Tyler can fix you up. It works really well.

This is the best build I have seen to date. Not much bigger than the patio, but you can take it with you. Could cook for 50 people easy in this thing or just for one. Great compact package.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

This is the best build I have seen to date. Not much bigger than the patio, but you can take it with you. Could cook for 50 people easy in this thing or just for one. Great compact package.

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much. Yes I love the small package - but its heavy. With the ¾" firebox, the shipping weight was 2,300 lbs. To say that she holds the heat is an understatement!

They're making them because customers are asking for them, but they (Tyler & Paul) have said in so many words they didn't feel it was worth the upgrade.

They're making them because customers are asking for them, but they (Tyler & Paul) have said in so many words they didn't feel it was worth the upgrade.

You're right - Paul did infer that. But many who have had the original flat tray style and upgraded seem to have a different opinion.

Back