Done with Brisket

I always smoked chuck roasts with great success...but recently have been concentrating on briskets. Brisket is harder to get just right for me...but when done correctly, I like it better than chuck roasts.

However, for a party I still prefer to serve pulled chuck roasts. I find it a whole lot easier than brisket to serve to a crowd.

I like both, but will take beef cheeks or beef ribs over either.

I prefer clod over chuck. Both are acceptable replacement over brisket, especially when half the price. Nearly equal pricing brisket gets the nod very easily.

For me, it's packer or ribs and chuck a distant 3rd. I have done the burnt ends chuck but, it's not the same. I smoke chuck and shred it for tacos and such which turns out great

I go in phases I've cooked several briskets since recently getting my first offset. I felt like I nailed the last one and finally have the pit figured out. Doing a family party next weekend and of course doing brisket. After that I'm probably done for awhile so I don't get burned out on it. Looking forward to trying Malcolm Reeds Mississippi pot roast recipe again and doing more grilling than smoking this summer.

Anyone ever make pulled tritip? I made it for the 1st time for Cinco de Mayo tacos. My family loved it. The strings are kinda long, but it was stupid tender and juicy. New way to make them for us. (of course I wasn't smart enough to take pics, so it didn't happen. But it did.)

I do like brisket, and do make good brisket, but lately I’ve been smoking beef tenderloin. We did one today. It’s easy, quick, and almost impossible to mess up.

Salt and pepper, then Smoke at 225°f until you get an internal temp around 130-135°f and it’s done!

You can pull it from the smoker a little early and sear it if you like.

Last edited:
Back