WebstaurantStore.com Soft Fraud

creekwalker

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
If you buy anything from this site, be SURE to read and pay attention to EVERY WORD on the product page before you consider ordering. For instance, on the product page for 24" by 700' peach treated butcher paper, the paper in the pictures is peach colored, but down the page under "customer Q & A" there is a table that lists "brown" out to right of "color." This was described to me just now by a CS agent as their being "up front" about the color. That's ________. So now I'm the owner of possibly a life time supply of dark brown butcher paper, which might work perfectly fine--but it's not what I wanted. And it's not what WebRestaurantStore wanted me to think it was going to be.

I had a ridiculous issue with these guys also. Went to their customer service people, they couldn't care less. Unusually poor service in the modern web world.

So I don't buy from them any longer

From working at a butcher shop when I was younger the term "Peach" doesn't necessarily describe the color, only the fact that it hides leaking juices/blood from fresh meat. I've seen it come in Pink, Peach, and Brown, but it all works the way it was designed. The important thing is that it is rated for direct contact with food and it has no coating.

Most papers less than 24" are Treated with starch to give them more strength when wet (often called sizing) which slightly lightens the pigment shade of the paper. 24" papers are almost never have a sizing agent added because they are slightly thicker.

From working at a butcher shop when I was younger the term "Peach" doesn't necessarily describe the color, only the fact that it hides leaking juices/blood from fresh meat. I've seen it come in Pink, Peach, and Brown, but it all works the way it was designed. The important thing is that it is rated for direct contact with food and it has no coating.

Most papers less than 24" are Treated with starch to give them more strength when wet (often called sizing) which slightly lightens the pigment shade of the paper. 24" papers are almost never have a sizing agent added because they are slightly thicker.

You're right that "peach treated" doesn't necessarily describe color, but their multiple photos described a peach color.

I bought a 32 quart pot this summer to cook gumbo and étouffée in.... Had an Xtra thick bottom on it... I'm very happy with it..

I've had good luck with them too.. but will watch out. Thanks for the heads up.

I love that website. Been happy with everything I've bought from them. There seems be confusion in general when it's comes to various sizes of peach treated/butcher/kraft paper. This confusion is not really exclusive to webstaurant.

I've bought pan liners from them which are about as basic as it gets and they were fine. Would be nice if descriptions could as accurate as can be. But in the world of online that can be hard to find on all products on a website for any company.

There is a phrase "don't sweat the small stuff". Yea, well, sometimes the small stuff matters. In this case, I don't think it does. I think the paper you have will work like a charm. My butcher paper is described as "pink". Works great but could have been described as "peach" as far as I know somewhere else.

I understand your concern. As an old broken down retired and worthless international oil and gas lawyer, words mean things. But.........

Product looks to be light brown in color on 2 of my computers and almost a pink color on my phone. So, some of the color issue could be the way the web site appears on different computers. Also, no where does it say peach color, it always says brown as the color in several places.

Same for the cooler, are you mad at them or the company that made the cooler.

I've ordered from them for years and have had no complaints about their service or products.

Remember they only list and sell the products. They don't make the products and almost always the description and pictures for a product are supplied by the product manufacturer. The person who sets up the web pages for the site or CS never sees the actual product. It's most likely housed in a warehouse in another building or even another state.

• Thanks
Reactions: Fot
I have nothing but good things to say about Webstaurant. Good folks with good products. The paper very clearly says peach treated, then the descriptor gives you the choice of brown or white paper. Nothing magic about peach color other than Aaron Franklin uses it. Your brisket won't care.

Been a good source for several things over the years for me. I recommend them to everyone. My bp is brownish...didn't dawn on me until now.

You do have to watch out with looking at colors on a screen as they do appear different from one screen to another. I bought a dark grey under armor shirt on line and when it arrived it was light grey.

I have made numerous purchases from them, fast ship times and prices are usually better than average.

reading is fundamental. Its states PEACH TREATED PAPER

not PEACH COMMA TREATED PAPER ie peach, treated

if it said silicon treated paper is silicon a color ?
plainly states in the description of color is brown

Back