1st Black Ops brisket on WSM! Simi-Live

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
hey guys. So I got a new shipment of Oak Ridge rubs this week. So I decided to thaw out the 16lb brisket the wife bought me for valentines day!

Figure this will be a Oak Ridge Black Ops review kinda thread! Everybody here has seen briskets :thumb:

First thing this morning I trimmed and seasoned the brisket

IMG_0905_zpsbwornohc.jpg

Putting the brisket on the cooker!
IMG_0906_zpsk51sqk5o.jpg

After two hours I started to wonder what else I could throw on the smoker! Decided to thaw out a 4 pack of my home made cheddarwursts!

IMG_0907_zps9fbsnd9f.jpg

So 4 hours in the cook. The brisket probed 145!! Getting ready to throw a few of the brats on! Briskets Looking good. I love the color I'm getting from the Oak Ridge Black Ops!! Darn Photobucket rotating my pics and wont let me rotate them back to normal.....

IMG_0908_zpskx0cjllz.jpg

Looking very good!
Decided to thaw out a 4 pack of my home made cheddarwursts!
Been doing a bit of thawing lately, huh? (j/k)
Where in the Mountain State are you located?
Keep us posted. Need a pic of 'brisket in the laundry basket in the tub'

Looking very good!

Been doing a bit of thawing lately, huh? (j/k)
Where in the Mountain State are you located?
Keep us posted. Need a pic of 'brisket in the laundry basket in the tub'

I'm just NE of Charleston! There's a picture in this thread! http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224908 Not a very good picture. If I knew this was gonna be requested then I would of took a better picture :D

You have yourself a grate full. Looking good!

Here's the brisket. Wrapped and put in the oven at 300! Only reason why its going in the oven is the WSM has about 2 hours worth of fuel left, and That was my last bag of charcoal. I was gonna try to cook this full time on the smoker

IMG_0911_zpsujphwhaf.jpg

Last edited:
Those Brats would go great with the beer I'm enjoying right now :biggrin1:

I'm really enjoying the Black ops rub! I haven't ate much of it. Wont be able to give a full opinion til tomorrow. Only eating a couple slices tonight! Here's final pictures! This thing is the best brisket to date!

IMG_0915_zpsqafhvqny.jpg

Darn photobucket rotating my images! I never have sliced pictures of the point so here's a slice from the point!

IMG_0917_zps85dgkyax.jpg

Slice from the flat
IMG_0920_zpskq4r73uz.jpg

So I just wanted to add to the thread my packing skills for this cook! Since I'm the only one that will eat this left over brisket I decided to slice before vac sealing! I just find it a pain to cut real small chunks then try to cut slices out of those small chunks when I'm the only one that's gonna eat these left overs. Looks so beautiful. I'm gonna be a happy camper in a few weeks when I get a craving for brisket!!!

IMG_0921_zpss9paohrs.jpg

Back